Who's paying attention to the NBDL here?

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
johnnydr87
Site Admin

Who's paying attention to the NBDL here?

Post by johnnydr87 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:53 am

Hey, is anyone interested in the NBDL here? I, personally, am an Arkansas Rimrockers fan.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:17 am

johnnydr87 wrote:Hey, is anyone interested in the NBDL here? I, personally, am an Arkansas Rimrockers fan.

Trying to follow the Tulsa 66ers (formerly the Asheville Altitude).

At 1-3 right now, it's kinda hard to.

At least the cybercasts work, unlike some other leagues I know...
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:48 am

I am a Fayetteville Patriots Fan .... We arent soo good this year...I go to all the home games I just go to get the free food b/c my girlfriends parents are season ticket holders.

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:18 pm

That would be the only reason to go is free food. The team SUCKS this year. They want be back next year so you better eat all the free food while you can

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:28 pm

I know It will suck when they get moved out.....

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:16 pm

Only because no more free food. The teams and league suck. Slow pace and not a good product at all@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnydr87
Site Admin

Post by johnnydr87 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:39 am

ARkansas just blows. Depressing.

I think we've lost like the last ten games.

This NBDL thing (switching NBA players in and out) really sucks, come to think of it. It's like the lottery, you never know which team will win the championship because they seem to have a new cast every few weeks.

Mike4FireAntz34
Site Admin

Post by Mike4FireAntz34 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:56 am

I know your team lost to my Patriots last night ;) I didnt go but I would have if I knew that the Bud Shootout(Nascar race) would rain out.... But im gonna go watch my Patriots win again against the RimRockers!!!!!!!! on Monday!!!

BaTTleRox
Site Admin

Paying attention in Albuquerque!

Post by BaTTleRox » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:12 pm

I am most definitely paying attention to my Albuquerque Thunderbirds!

We just owned the Florida Flame here in a weekend sweep. In these 2 games we have gone from 5th place to tied for 2nd.

I love the game so far. I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and grew up around pro-sports. No, the D-League isn't up there with there NBA affiliate teams, but it is a great way for the people in smaller cities to catch some good ball.

I agree that it sucks that players are called up and it can hurt your team. We lost Chuck Hayes to the Rockets, as well as Ken Johnson and Joe Shipp to the Korean League. My team went into a slump, but we re-aquired some players and worked it out.

The game is fast paced here in Albuquerque and we have our mile high altitude as our 12th man!

TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

ABQ Tbirds - Yeah, I follow the Dleague

Post by TBirdCrazy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:13 am

How can you not follow the Dleague....like the other ABQer said...it gives small city people the chance to see good ball. The way Stern is setting this league up....it is going to be a true minor league system. And now with 5 more teams joing the league next year...wow...within 3-4 years, you will see Sterns dream finally come true.

I have been to every Albuquerque Thunderbirds game home game of the season (season ticket holder) and have to say...it is action packed and of NBA caliber. I used to go to CBA games back in Albany, NY (where I am originally from. Back in the days of Vincent Askew, Mario Elie, George Karl the coach. This league reminds me alot of the old CBA days....but better. For the simple fact that they are finally structuring it where NBA teams are affiliated with a minor league team...about time.

Thing is about this league...you can get up close and personal with the players...and that is what is so great about it.

By the way...just to let you all know....my T-birds just clinched a playoff birth...GO TBIRDS. We need to beat Forth Worth on Sunday in order to retain 2nd place and host a playoff game....go Tbirds!

Return to “D-League”