Western Division

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Western Division

Post by IndoorExpert » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

When is someone going to wave the white flag? When is enough enough? When do you decide that Western expansion is not working?

Another year for Wyoming to run through the division, put up big stats, and then put up a grand total of 12 points in the championship game. I personally thought it would end in Mississippi. I am not quite sure why they would want to run their organization in this fashion, unless, I just wanted to look good to my wavering fans. Isnt it enough that you have been in business for a decade which is a great accomplishment. Also, from a fans perspective, who wants to see the same teams over and over. I would pay about $20.00 for a season ticket, and half the home games I would leave at halftime.

Last, but not least, why does Mink and Morris head coach a team every year. Do they have nothing better to do as heads of a professional sports league? Is there not more pressing tasks that need to be attended to? Or, is this the Andrew Haines way of trying to sell a franchise to an unsuspecting local investor? Did Carolyn Shiver give them the Professional Indoor Football for Dummies book series?

As an individual who loves indoor football, I see the same old problems repeat themselves. I guess its like fashion, things are destined to repeat over and over again. As the saying goes, for every step forward I see, I also see two or three steps backwards simultaneously.

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:37 am

It's a joke. And the only thing propping up the west IS Wyoming. I guess they like the cakewalk to the title game they're given.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:50 am

Give Utah Valley some credit ... They had an Osmond singing the national anthem and media food ...
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

arizonacub
Site Admin

Post by arizonacub » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:29 am

I wish the Adrenaline were still around. Seemed like a quality facility and decent enough fanbase. ...Yeah..as with everything in utah, it seems like the folks there are going to give it a full effort and whole-hearted prayer, so I think those franchises will stick...but...I agree, the AIFA needs to get better in the Western division, or contract and just be really strong in the East.

roozy
Site Admin

Post by roozy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:47 pm

[quote=""Sykotyk""]It's a joke. And the only thing propping up the west IS Wyoming. I guess they like the cakewalk to the title game they're given.

Sykotyk[/quote]

NO!!! Nobody in Wyoming likes a cakewalk to the title game. Not the fans, not the players, not the coaches. Look what it did to us last season.... no competition led to a disaster when we faced a good team. It's not that last season's Cavs weren't good, it's just that they couldn't stay crisp into the game against Florence.

But again, this is what we are given and we must endure. Fortunately, the championship game will be in Casper (assuming the Cavs are there), and the CEC IS the toughest place for visitors to play in the AIFA. And if you don't believe it, ask all the teams (IFL, NIFL which includes the new IFL teams) that have played here in the past. Even the few years when the Cavs were sporting 3 and 4 win seasons, nobody got out of Casper with an easy win.

So here's to finishing this season with a bang, and hopefully next season will bring a better West (or league) for the Cavs.

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:44 pm

I know the fans, players, and coaches don't like a cakewalk, but your ownership sure doesn't get it.

And that's sad, because they're destroying one of the great indoor teams.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

Trnr
Site Admin

Post by Trnr » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 am

Ownership does get it..........If AZ would have kept within their budget they would be playing this year and fielding a very competitive team to round out the West.

What is destroying the teams in indoor football are teams that overpay their players. That affects profitability and it affects competition more than anything else. That is what is "destroying" indoor football. Even the AFL found that out and decided to do something about it. So when the other teams in the IFL decide to play by the rules in regard to player salaries, then indoor football can become a viable business as it was intended. So don't say that because the Cavalry chose to stay in league that is growing that the team is being destroyed. There are blowouts in the IFL as well, so level of play is the same all over. Look at some of the IFL scores 71-3, 59-20, 70-13, 48-19, 82-12, are those teams being destroyed by the owners.

Wyoming is a great team and will continue to be so because of what it means to the small city of Casper. The Cavalry provide a great game experience and the visiting teams always have a tough time with the fans and the noise inside the CEC.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Did Carolyn Shiver give them the Professional Indoor Football for Dummies book series?
Funny, I happen to have an old NIFL prospectus. It actually wasn't that bad, but like everything else, it is all about execution.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 pm

I get free food in Utah. The West is fine, thank you.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:58 am

So far the West seems quite a bit stronger than last year.
What are you doing here?

Return to “AIF”