East Kentucky Miners updates?

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:09 am

PSBF...your numbers are inaccurate. The Miners were over 1,000 most nights. Sure, there were nights under 1,000 (at least from an actual fan presence status), but with season ticket sales and gate attendance, they were almost always over 1,000. From what I understand...it was the same for the 2nd season, too.

Of course, the ABA games and the poor quality of opponents hurt attendance the 2nd year. Truthfully, I don't think it's very fair to judge the Miners' attendance too harshly, as the CBA didn't provide much of an opportunity to get excited about anything this season, being that there was no information screeching out of the CBA office to any teams (at least not any info the CBA wanted to make public).

I know this - if my wife wasn't a member of the Florida Bar, and if she didn't mind living in Kentucky indefinitely, I would step up my efforts to find some bigger heavy hitters to purchase the Miners or join the team in place and make a minor league go there instead of Orlando, simply for the fact that I know the people in that region sincerely appreciated the ideology of having a professional basketball team there. Once you have a decent-sized genuinely interested fan base, your job is to simply balance the product and price so that most (if not all) of them can attend.

It will be a shame if the Miners fade silently in the night. Regardless of my feelings of how my situation was handled (and it looked like God was looking out for me in that regard big time), the Miners product in that area has a high value. With a good return and with a much more stable league (PBL maybe???), the Miners could resurrect from last season's debacle and take a spot next to some of the stronger minor league franchises we've all come to know and respect.
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

basketball facts
Site Admin

Post by basketball facts » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:51 am

They have no money. They do not have have investors. The club was misrun from the start.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:16 am

With due respect, Zeke, I remember specifically that night, reading about it and how everyone was commenting on the Miners first turnout of the season. I'm so tired of always being called inaccurate on things by everyone(even when I went to the Xplosion games)! Maybe I should be glad that the CBA is not coming back. Anyway, I wish you well in the PBL, Zeke.

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

psbf

Post by DakotaWiz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:29 am

You're right. You should not be called inaccurate if you went to Xplosion games.
Ridiculousupside.com -- A (Mostly) D-League Site

butch_myster86
Site Admin

Post by butch_myster86 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:10 am

The East Kentucky miners are an exciting team to watch. they light up the scoreboard everynight. and ATTENDANCE was consistent and the best in the league

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:37 am

[quote=""DakotaWiz""]You're right. You should not be called inaccurate if you went to Xplosion games.[/quote]

It is accurate that he did, indeed, attend Xplosion games.

However, many of his other posts are, shall we say, less than accurate
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:18 pm

[quote=""zeke41""]
...I would step up my efforts to find some bigger heavy hitters to purchase the Miners or join the team in place and make a minor league go there instead of Orlando, simply for the fact that I know the people in that region sincerely appreciated the ideology of having a professional basketball team there. Once you have a decent-sized genuinely interested fan base, your job is to simply balance the product and price so that most (if not all) of them can attend.

It will be a shame if the Miners fade silently in the night. Regardless of my feelings of how my situation was handled (and it looked like God was looking out for me in that regard big time), the Miners product in that area has a high value. With a good return and with a much more stable league (PBL maybe???), the Miners could resurrect from last season's debacle and take a spot next to some of the stronger minor league franchises we've all come to know and respect.[/quote]

Miners...Minot...Miners...Minot...Wow! A poster is currently saying almost the same thing about Minot. ...people in that region sincerely appreciated the ideology of having a professional basketball team there. Once you have a decent-sized genuinely interested fan base, your job is to simply balance the product and price so that most (if not all) of them can attend.--or words to that effect. Of course, I on the other hand, don't think the Miners or Minot can support fall/winter pro basketball. There's little evidence to suggest pro hoops will work in these locations, but there's plenty of evidence to support the opposite.

BTW, why would you want to invest in someone else's problem? Just wondering. Also, why would you even entertain the thought of joining the Trinity investment group??? Do you like losing large sums of money? Trinity has a terrible track record...the Pitbulls, the Alley Cats, the Miners, maybe the Xplosion...

Almost as if I copied and pasted:
//www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... hp?t=13205
Last edited by Ken, Steelheads fan on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: included link to another thread

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Best in the league attendance isn't saying much

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:12 pm

[quote=""butch_myster86""]The East Kentucky miners are an exciting team to watch. they light up the scoreboard everynight. and ATTENDANCE was consistent and the best in the league[/quote]

Yes. They lit-up the scoreboard every night, then they turned the scoreboard off after each game to conserve energy.

roncris8
Site Admin

Post by roncris8 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:02 pm

i heard they had plenty of investors ready to throw out the cash but they did not want to with the uncertainty of the cba league and season. I am hearing they are going to pbl , I see coach and demitrus at least twice a week. they will be back . ONce something is set in stone the checks will be written.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:27 pm

A Miners source said that had East Kentucky moved to the PBL, Shuler would have continued funding the team.

Return to “CBA”