Jax Stallions' Lament (tune: ABC song)

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:43 pm

NIFL SOB's,
Our football team's history,
'Cause we chose to wait a year,
You cut us, and we shed tears,
But we can handle this well,
NEXT YEAR IT'S AIFL!!!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:04 pm

:) Good one

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:25 pm

I think we may be jumping to conclusions here. None of this means Jacksonville is out of the NIFL picture. In fact, we received a press release from the team today:
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=3264607

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:39 pm

Tryouts over a year before they plan on fielding a team?

Wow! I can think of positives and negatives. At the very least the team gets a dry run for next year.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:54 pm

The Stallions had signed a lease to play this year, right?
SO THEY DEFAULTED ON THEIR LEASE!
THAT SHOULD BE GROUNDS TO TERMINATE THEM!
(BTW, I forgot to put by the song "Done in a whiny voice")
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:29 pm

Big question is ............ will we really know who is in or out for 2006 before the first games in March???????????

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:31 am

I don't remember seeing anything that indicated the Stallions signed a lease this year. In fact, I think they're still negotiating it. I could be wrong, but that's how I believe things stand.

jaxstallions1
Site Admin

Jax Stallions - the real story

Post by jaxstallions1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:47 pm

Unlike M. Burmey, an ASPIRING musician, who happens to be over 1000 miles away and will never attend one of our games, we at the Jax Stallions like to get our facts correct before posting them. We agreed to a contract for the arena, but the contract was never signed by both parties. Additionally, we have chosen to wait a full year, host our first set of tryouts in February, and start working on establishing a professional community based organization that is dedicated to working with children, as part of the Big Brother/Big Sister organization, the Guardian ad Litem program, and other organizations dedicated to working with kids that have been abuse, neglected or otherwise that do not have a normal home life.

If M. Burmey were truly interested in doing something productive with his life, as with many others, they would get involved and do only a fraction of what we will be doing over the next year with the communities they are in, and help children rather than try to make jokes at the expense of them and the people that speak for them.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:04 pm

I think that definitely puts this rumor to rest. (Standard message board reminders coming) Part of what we do here is to try to draw conclusions from the various facts we see in newspaper articles, press releases and other media reports. There's nothing wrong with that. But we need to always be careful that we don't treat supposition or rumor as hard fact. Just because something is repeated doesn't make it true. Believing one team had folded simply because another had changed its name was a stretch. (Standard message board reminder finished)

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:26 pm

It's not a bad idea to spend the time making sure you have the best possible chance to succeed. Too many times we see franchises in all leagues at this level rush a team onto the field. We see so many of these situations fail which ends up cheating fans in the long run.

Best of luck to the Jacksonville franchise. I hope the season spent preparing is well worth it and leads your franchise to much success!

Return to “NIFL”