24 teams in 2006

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

24 teams in 2006

Post by preeths » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:21 pm

The NIFL will have 24 teams in 2006, according to a press release from Rapid City now posted on OSC. This confirms that San Angelo and SWLA will not be part of the league this year, despite their continued presence on the NIFL website. The entire league schedule should be released within days according to the release.

Twelve of the league's 24 teams are expansion or relocated franchises (if you count Osceola), and Miami is reportedly switching arenas.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:41 pm

The map on the NIFL site has had the 24 teams that we expect to be playing this season listed for a while now. Despite what's on the homepage.

The long wait for schedules can be frustrating. Hopefully we can stick to the released schedule and more important that there won't be multiple games by the same team in the same weekend.
Last edited by fwp on Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:47 pm

Dayton Wabirds still on the list.

No buyer
No front office
No website
No coach
No players

Should be a fun season.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:26 pm

Interesting...

I just got off the phone with a man claiming to be the new Head Coach of the "Dayton Stallions" of the National Indoor Football League.

He says that there is a new owner for the Dayton NIFL rights, and that they will be playing at the Nutter Center.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:45 pm

Jamie wrote:Interesting...

I just got off the phone with a man claiming to be the new Head Coach of the "Dayton Stallions" of the National Indoor Football League.

He says that there is a new owner for the Dayton NIFL rights, and that they will be playing at the Nutter Center.
The Stallions, eh? Must mean either Jax has lost the rights to that name by sitting out a year, or that owner has bought the Warbirds/Dayton franchise.

You are officially ahead of Lincoln now, as far as I know. I've talked to the owner here, but not much has happened. At least as far as the public can see.

I fear that by the time they get around to trying to sell season tickets many Lincoln fans may have decided to buy tickets to Omaha figuring nothing's going on here.

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:20 pm

Lincoln may be behind, but rumor is they have finally hired a hc. Good news for Lincoln is they are far from the only team way behind on getting things going.

bermoney
Site Admin

Post by bermoney » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:38 pm

ya no kidding, i live in charlotte and want to hear information

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:57 pm

My favorite saying NIFL = No Information Football League :)

bermoney
Site Admin

Post by bermoney » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:01 pm

im sure the charlotte team is just trying to finalize an arena deal with cricket arena and probably there byes will be weeks 1 and 2 of the season.....but i kinda would like to know at least what our nickname will be and who the owner trying to get a team here is....no head coach, no players, not even an organization

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:33 pm

bermoney wrote:im sure the charlotte team is just trying to finalize an arena deal with cricket arena and probably there byes will be weeks 1 and 2 of the season.....but i kinda would like to know at least what our nickname will be and who the owner trying to get a team here is....no head coach, no players, not even an organization

Looks like you will be playing us The Fayetteville Guard on 15 April in your city. So not sure if you will have back to back bye weeks to start the season or not but we will meet on that date just to give you a little something to look foward to.

Return to “NIFL”