NIFL Still Can't Tell Truth

JabberBox
Site Admin

NIFL Still Can't Tell Truth

Post by JabberBox » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:27 am

Say, when is the NIFL going to tell the truth about the officials situation with the NFL? I received a call from an irate official who worked the league last season. He said he was fed up with them not getting their backpay and expenses. Sounds like he's going after the league for its incompetence and continued deciet and corruption. Go get them!

Leonard
Site Admin

Sunshine No More!

Post by Leonard » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:47 pm

When the sun don't shine I suspect. Where's the infamous ATR...is that All The Rouse?

AllTheRage
Site Admin

Wrong Again, Pal

Post by AllTheRage » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:05 pm

JabberBox wrote:Say, when is the NIFL going to tell the truth about the officials situation with the NFL? I received a call from an irate official who worked the league last season. He said he was fed up with them not getting their backpay and expenses. Sounds like he's going after the league for its incompetence and continued deciet and corruption. Go get them!

Not true... The officials were only owed travel expenses and those have all been paid. So, now you will have to find something else to try to sensationalize..

Leonard
Site Admin

After The Roaches

Post by Leonard » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:10 pm

Say, After The Roaches: You certainly believe all the lies and deceit that abounds in the echelon of the NIFL. In fact, have you seen any documentation that the officials, players, coaches and administrative people in the league have been given their backpay and expenses? I’m sure you haven’t. You just believe all the sociopath and narcissistic individuals that surround you in the league. Well keep believing them pal! Consider yourself lucky to continue your association with such individuals. Best of luck in your career. You will be remembered. And: Have a nice day!

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:29 pm

Dan Blum was in charge of the officials at the NIFL league level. He would be the person to ask if all officials received all monies due, if he's still with the NIFL.

I believe it was/is the teams responsibility to pay the refs after each game. I do not know if that money came from the team or league level.

For a fact I know all NIFL league employed personel have not been paid as agreed, although the NIFL will deny this. I'm sure there are those at the team level out there still not fully paid.

g6edxrgp
Site Admin

NIFL official checking in

Post by g6edxrgp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:53 pm

I can weigh in on this issue .... I worked games last year in the NIFL. It was the teams responsibility to pay the refs after each game and in my case this is what happened. The NIFL was to pay travel expenses and to date I have not seen any money for said aggrements ($50 per game).

Leonard
Site Admin

Officials Tell Truth

Post by Leonard » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:08 pm

Had a friend, who also officiated in the NIFL last year. He told me it was the responsibility of the teams to pay each official the night of the game. However, he said several of his checks bounced and had to be re-issued for whatever reasons. The issue is this: the NIFL was to pay the regional supervisors their pay and expenses; as well as the officials expenses. The league collected over $30,000 which was to be put in escrow account to pay these expenses, or in part, at the end of the year, is what he said. The league went and spent the money on other things, so that fund was depleted and now the officials are hung out to dry on their expenses. Are ther any other officials who worked the NIFL still out there that would chime in on this subject. Would definately like to hear from them. Does anyone know where they are getting their officials for this season? I think that will be difficult considering the league's lack of regard for it's most prized possession.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:11 pm

g6edxrgp wrote:I can weigh in on this issue .... I worked games last year in the NIFL. It was the teams responsibility to pay the refs after each game and in my case this is what happened. The NIFL was to pay travel expenses and to date I have not seen any money for said aggrements ($50 per game).

If you guys are doing this as a hobby, I could see why getting paid on time and/or at all would not be a prime consideration.

However, if you guys need to get paid why do you even officiate the very next game when you didn't get paid for travel expenses for the prior game?

If I did some type of labor for someone/some organization and didn't get paid on time/started to constantly get "it's coming soon" excuses I'd cut my losses and walk.

The research is out there. The NIFL is financially unstable. Unless you don't mind officiating the NIFL as a payless hobby, why do it?
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

centurionhater
Site Admin

Post by centurionhater » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:26 pm

There were two ref's at a Tampa Bay Storm practice and they were laughing about the NIFL. They said they did several Daytona, Miami and Kissimmee games and are still owed for over half the games they did.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”