Austin Tryouts

The Southern Indoor Football League (SIFL) forum
indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:51 am

Phydeaux should worry more about the bankruptcy filling IFL teams, than the SIFL.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Post by daytonadan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:11 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]I'm glad that some people are FINALLY catching on![/quote]

Brandon

Please be professional and focus on your own efforts. Thanx.
Former Hall Monitor
Mrs. Brown's 4th Grade Class, Faulkner Elementary
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1974-75
"I Have More Important Things To Occupy My Time That What's Being Said On Message Boards -- OSC Founder Paul Reeths"
"There's a sucker born every minute" -- PT Barnum

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "independent contractor" status wouldn't hold up in court. To truly be ICs players would be able to negotiate individually whatever practice schedules they want, as well as game schedules. The fact this isn't true probably makes them employees. It's an interesting idea and certainly one worth investigating, but I don't think the end result is in favor here.
What are you doing here?

raidermac10
Site Admin

The great pewee herman of footbal ;[exit 22] has spoken

Post by raidermac10 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:16 pm

That said brandon is just fine with the ifl!!and the frisco thunder was not on our schedule or with us on the 09 season cause of obvious reasons that are comming out in the press now!! No harm to our league just shows that we will not just let a team limp in to the best league next to the nfl !!!!the pipe dream of the sifl has started to reveal it,s delusion by having no player contracts therefore not insuring them on two fronts their money!!!! And more importantly their health!!! So the semi pro lets get by on a wing and a prayer set fourth by its founder mr tom hager who built this model from the spector of going dark as an alternative is in full swing !!!good lord !!!!!!!!! Next question please!

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:34 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]Phydeaux should worry more about the bankruptcy filling IFL teams, than the SIFL.[/quote]
The Indoor people love to accuse the Arena Fans of trashing the Indoor leagues. From what I've seen the Indoor people trash each other far more that the the Arena people ever have.

I have never in my life seen such unprofessional infighting between a group of businessmen. When you look around the empty barns you play in and wonder why, it might not be the games themselves the masses are avoiding but the unprofessional bush league actions of the people financing the sport.

It's really a good thing not many fans come here, this is embarrassing.
If all that effort was put in to promoting the sport in a positve light and worry about your own concerns the sport might get more respect.

No need to bash, it's more productive to raise the standards of your own teams and leagues instead of lowering yourself to the level of what you seem to complain about.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:58 pm

I agree, and truthfully, I dont think a majority of these indoor teams have adequate insurance anyway. The number of stories I hear about denied claims is staggering. And that included the AFL!

Now I know that's not any different than what the common joe is put through by their own insurance companies, I understand the inx industry relies on deny, deny, deny as a tactic to frustrate people to the point of giving up on a claim, so why not stop the BS and just tell the players up front what they will (or will not) be provided? Sounds reasonable to me.
Last edited by Bruiser on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:00 pm

No bashing here. I have in my hand, the SIFL players contract that ALL players must sign and teams must return to the league office before their players are considered active. This is a document that was drawn up by the SIFL lawyers and is a binding contract.

I will again state, the SIFL is not competing against the IFL or any other League. We wish nothing but success to ALL Leagues, it only makes the sport stronger as a whole! Our focus and commitment is to our team, players, fans and communities. I personally would not be associated with the SIFL if i did not believe in the success and the positive outcome it will have.
Changes.... they are a coming......

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:53 pm

For the record!

ALL players MUST be covered by each team BEFORE the step on to the turf. Each team MUST have Workman's Compensation or Catastrophic insurance as the players well being comes BEFORE profits.

The SIFL insists on player coverage as we seek safety first before entertainment. Any contrary statements are unsubstantiated and deserve no additional attention.
Changes.... they are a coming......

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Unsubstantiated? It's in black & white in one of the SIFL team's waiver forms!

If it is contradictory to the league requirements, then that T-cat tryout waiver
should be re-worded. It sounds like if one makes the team, they will NOT be
covered under ANY workman's comp policy and are considered as simply a hired
hand with no additional benefits.

What you say and what the waiver implies are two different things.

Caballo Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Caballo Diablo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 am

Is the waiver just for covering the Tryout?
Once they make the team and sign a contract to play will it be different?

Return to “SIFL”