CBA shutting down !!!!

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 pm

[quote=""FrontOffice""]People are making broad and sweeping assumptions on little to nothing right now.

I love how people who are the farthest from the situation feel like they are in the know. Sorry Paul, A1, and even you Zeke, but people who want to spill inside information, usually don't have it, or at least not the whole or correct thing.

Joe Newman has been given permission to use the CBA and team logos for interleague promotion. In all that we know about Joe, is it really such a suprise to see him stirring the pot by adding some to his website?

Websites were locked down, but are just about restored. Webcasting is an issue. Stats are being accumulated.

Everyone just needs to relax. A1's original predictions of demise for the CBA have long since passed and he's just extending the finish line in hopes of salvaging some shread of validity. I know you all think its fun to pile on a league that's trying to regroup, but even with all that, the best players, and their agents, choose 9 times out of 10 to play in the CBA and not the PBL.[/quote]

I just brought up some observations relevant to the thread title. The state of minor league basketball is of vital importance to me right now as I'm in the process of making some critical decisions myself...any info I can grab up and research is good for me.

I will say this - it is very Joe Newman-like to only place 2 teams on the ABA Teams link to stir up some controversy about the whole matter. And...I've said this before and I'll say it again...I can't see the Miners going ABA, regardless of the regional benefits team-wise. Lest we all forget...Demetrius and Newman haven't had the best history.

I agree with, um, I can't remember who said it, but a healthy CBA will push the PBL and vice-versa. Heck, a healthier ABA would do the same (not holding my breath though). I still do wish for a league where all of the strong teams in all of these leagues link together and compete. What a beauty that would be, even if for a season!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:20 am

Maybe the CBA and PBL could merge and the PBL takes over the CBA brand? In a few years they would have a very strong group that would merge with D-League and finally have the 1 NBA/1 D-League team hookup.

Nah...
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

Nubb16
Site Admin

Post by Nubb16 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:16 am

I just wish the Miners would go to a good and steady league.
Go Miners!

Minerfan
Site Admin

Post by Minerfan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:08 am

Same here. I really enjoy watching the games, and I would hate to see them leave.

Return to “CBA”