CBA shutting down !!!!

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

CBA shutting down !!!!

Post by a1sports » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 am

From two good sources.

After the season two teams are going to the ABA, Albany and East Kentucky.
Lawton to the PBL and minot folding.

HArd to believe ?...not really, no one is going to pay 100k to join the CBA, no one is going to pay 5 cents to join the CBA. NO one is going to pay 10k a month for travel expenses to the CBA. This was going to happen...the word has leaked out.

two legit minor pro leagues left: PBL and d-league. both have the cash, both have the TV exposure.

( and no...there will be no pittsburgh team)

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:07 am

I asked this before and you ignored it. Where I can watch some PBL games tonight? Since there aren't any D-League games, wouldn't mind checking the PBL out.
Ridiculousupside.com -- A (Mostly) D-League Site

LightningMan
Site Admin

Post by LightningMan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:37 am

Only PBL game tonight is at Chicago and I don't think they stream any games.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:47 am

I thought the ABA saved it...

Seriously, nothing public that the CBA is gone...
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:20 am

Oh, so they don't have that big TV deal?

Alumni96
Site Admin

Post by Alumni96 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:30 am

[quote=""DakotaWiz""]Oh, so they don't have that big TV deal?[/quote]

No its a gross newmanistic exaggeration. Its a streaming internet deal. It's a glorified youtube with a some extra bells and whistles. To call it a PBL deal is misleading since only the Razorsharks use it. If it was a league deal all the teams would be covered not just Rochester home games. Fortunately Vermont and Halifax have their own deals. Halifax's is really a pretty nice setup.

a1sports
Site Admin

its called a >>> telephone, great invention

Post by a1sports » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:07 am

ah yes ! Again use of the telephone proves to be a good way to get information. Try it sometimes. BUt Ill help you out since dialing may be a problem for you.

Call Fusion Communication in Davenport Iowa. Ask them about @sportsTV.
They wil kindly tell you that the PBL has a sports TV network all lined up and ready to launch. Currently only a few PBL venues will have TV broadcast ability. Also they are doing some games on the internet as the TV production is being set up. The network will be 24/7 when all is done.

Now that wasnt hard , was it? LOL

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:32 am

So this TV station is based of Davenport, Iowa? I didn't think Iowa had a PBL team. Also, I thought you said you already have a TV deal, yet it hasn't launched yet? Getting some contradicting figures here. Also, I talked to my local cable provider, and they've never heard of @sportsTV.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:39 am

It's not a TV station. It's a production company. I've spoken with someone there before.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:42 am

The PBL "TV" deal is not very good. Basically @sportstv is streaming Rochester home games live, and the rest of the day it has old Rochester games and the AF2 championship game running on a loop. I watched the Rochester game live online and it was pretty good, but Alumni96 is using the right terminology: Newmanesque. atsportstv.com doesn't even have a schedule. I have not seen any mention (or at least clear mention) of it being on traditional television. The PBL game of the week is "Rochester Home Game of the Week."

Manchester, Vermont and Halifax are all streaming games live through various other websites and Mid-Michigan have a radio deal which is available on line.

If you were serious about wanting to see a PBL game and not just taking the piss out of A1 you can see an archived version of yesterday'sRainmen/Sasquatch game here. Skip to about the 20 minute mark if you want to avoid some serious boringness.

Return to “CBA”