Minot Skyrockets 110, Chicago Steam 84

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
panchess
Site Admin

Post by panchess » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:09 pm

If Monte O'Quinn isn't any good, Minot will get him off the roster pretty quick. That hasn't been a problem up there in the past.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:07 pm

[quote=""panchess""]If Monte O'Quinn isn't any good, Minot will get him off the roster pretty quick. That hasn't been a problem up there in the past.[/quote]

Monte O'Quinn certainly didn't last long with the USBL Gary Steelheads and he only lasted the pre-season with the IBL Gary Steelheads. He's a big wide body though...but he does collect a lot of fouls.

FreezinUpHere
Site Admin

Kenny has all of the answers, all of the time (he thinks).

Post by FreezinUpHere » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:18 pm

[quote=""Ken, Steelheads fan""]I don't think the ABA opponents have anything to do with attendance. Attendance is down as a sign of the times. What are minor league hoops teams doing differently to bring-in fans?!? Ponder that question. Also, weather isn't a factor. Everyone knew there would be sub-zero temperatures in Minot before this franchise was purchased from Apex. Personally, I think the Skyrockets should have been allowed to die on the vine. Wasn't anything learned from Minot's IBA experience?[/quote]

Weather isn't a factor?? Even hardy North Dakotans rarely venture out when its deathly cold outside. As in -40* windchills.... like die from exposure if you get stuck or stranded. As others have stated, the crowds weren't bad considering the Wed. tip-off and the horrendous chilly conditions. Have you ever been to ND Mr. Kenny?? How do you know so much?? Minot had a nice crowd last night and it'll only get better. This ABA stuff is a different breed but it's fast and furious. Ticket-buyers have been entertained in Minot thus far and the owners and volunteers seem to be making a nice effort to keep pro ball in town. What was there to learn from the so-called ''IBA experience''? Nothing bad surely....... only that Minot likes and supports pro ball and that it's a viable basketball community regardless of the league.

Kenny, I really miss your little lover's spats with Daleo....... why don't you go find him and stay away from the PC for awhile.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:06 pm

[quote=""FreezinUpHere""]Weather isn't a factor?? Even hardy North Dakotans rarely venture out when its deathly cold outside. As in -40* windchills.... like die from exposure if you get stuck or stranded. As others have stated, the crowds weren't bad considering the Wed. tip-off and the horrendous chilly conditions. Have you ever been to ND Mr. Kenny?? How do you know so much?? Minot had a nice crowd last night and it'll only get better. This ABA stuff is a different breed but it's fast and furious. Ticket-buyers have been entertained in Minot thus far and the owners and volunteers seem to be making a nice effort to keep pro ball in town. What was there to learn from the so-called ''IBA experience''? Nothing bad surely....... only that Minot likes and supports pro ball and that it's a viable basketball community regardless of the league.

Kenny, I really miss your little lover's spats with Daleo....... why don't you go find him and stay away from the PC for awhile.[/quote]

Have I ever been to North Dakota?!? No. I haven't been to South Dakota either. Doesn't stop me from understanding that some of the coldest mean temperatures in the continental United States can be found there. Brutal weather should have been anticipated long before bringing a franchise to town.

Viable basketball community regardless of the league?!? Maybe, but I have my doubts. The IBA and Apex experiences were red flags.

Return to “CBA”