Patroons Tonight 7pm @ The Armory

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Patroons1
Site Admin

Patroons Tonight 7pm @ The Armory

Post by Patroons1 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:47 pm

The New Hope Trailblazers are here and the Armory never looked better! Tip off 7:05 pm. Heard that Fountain and Burton may not play due to flu.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:05 pm

Fountain? As in Shawn Fountain, who played in Indiana for the Alley Cats, before joining coach Carlos Knox here last season then disappearing for the rest of the season? He was pretty good, before he suddenly left.

I'm also curious what's going on with West Virginia at Eastern Ky, which began at 4.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:56 am

any update?

stats? full roster?

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:41 am

I can give you the final score; Albany 105; New Hope 91

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:07 am

http://cbahoopsonline.com/rosters.php

That should be the final roster, or close to it... It has Fountain on it.

ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

hey, they showed up!

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:52 am

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=3752169
Patroons Victorious in Home Opener
December 14, 2008 - Continental Basketball Association (CBA) Albany Patroons

December 14, 2008 (Albany, NY) - The Albany Patroons opened the 2008-09 season with a 105-91 victory against the New Hope Trailblazers, giving Derrick Rowland his first win as Head Coach. The Patroons led from start to finish. It was a well-rounded attack as seven Patroons scored in double figures, led by 6'11 Center, Walt Waters with 20 points. Albany native and former Colonie High and UAlbany star, Lucious Jordan, contributed 19 points included two long-range threes. New Hope was led by Forward Maurice Latham with 22 points and eight boards. Six-foot-eight Center Jason Clark chipped in with 19 points and eight rebounds. The Patroons led at the half, 65-50 due to 66% field goal shooting and nine-for-nine from the free throw line. Solid defense and all around team play resulted in a season opening victory. The Patroons' next Home Game is on Tuesday, December 14th against the New York City Internationals @ 705pm. Admission is FREE !!
but...
problem 1:
The Patroons' next Home Game is on Tuesday, December 14th
today is SUNDAY, December 14th.

problem 2:
against the New York City Internationals @ 705pm.
Do THEY know about it? I saw that the Internationalz don't plan on playing until after Christmas (as posted in an article after they blew off Jersey) :
Dec.9 at 11:57 pm
REAL DEAL says:
The sad story about the whole situation is that everyone blames the NYC Internationalz, when NJ Express knew almost 2 months prior that they wouldn’t play the game and were hosting a Youth Clinic in the Bronx, NY- that’s probably why only 90 people showed up. NYC IZ THE REAL DEAL! They are the first ever grassroots Semi-Pro Organization in every community throughout NYC, NJ, and PA. I think they may even have a bigger community presence in New Jersey, than the Express do… that’s probably why they keep putting up games against NYC, to try and boost their sales. Everyone who’s anyone knows that when you play ball, your best impact if your not in the NBA is right after Christmas, I don’t think many agreed, but NYCIZ is following their grassroots marketing protocol. I’m sure you’ll not only be seing a roster and schedule released, but also several venues throughout NYC to keep everyone involved heavily. Remember your witnessing history in the making, and if you’ve ever had the chance to meet the owners and the coach, you’d understand why they’re definitely making their name in sports, they are impacting community by community and their efforts are already being visualized. Don’t hate success. checkout http://www.nyciz.com - where NYC IZKiDDZ
Admission is FREE !!
the first 10 fans may get to play...
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:15 am

I think this is getting a little bizarre! One team(E.K.) plays two games against actual ABA teams(Kentucky and West Va), one team(Albany) plays against a future ABA team(New Hope), and one team(Minot) has yet to play!
No doubt, the Miners have a good team, so far. But the Patroons win against a team that will not be scheduled to play until next season in the ABA, counting as a regular season game??

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:29 am

Yes, Fountain is on the roster, in Albany with the team and was not feeling well. Same for Nat Burton.

After listening to most of you, my expectation for the ABA was so low that the game was actually not bad (Thanks). While the Patroons appeared to play as hard as they had to, to win, they were unable to "put them away" early as they would have perhaps later in the season. This team (New Hope) would beat a lot of PBL teams (remember, I live in the NE and have a chance to see that too...oops!). Gee, I guess that makes me one of the few that can compare all three.

HOpe was not bad, officiating was "CBA quality" and Pat's did take 6 of 7 quarters.

As for ABARWB's "stir it up" nonsense....

With regard to the game Tuesday night, it is an exhibition game and they (NYC) know about it (Problem #2 solved), not a official scheduled game. Also, as customary with the Patroons, exhibition games are free and always have been.

Also, thanks for pointing out the obvious, "10K Billy Ray, aka ABARWB"...

Tuesday is the 16th (and here's another tidbit, Christmas is the 25th, every year). Problem #1 solved.

Appreciate the opportunity to clarify for you. Any other "problems"?

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:41 am

The Skyrockets had no plans to play any games before their home opener once your team "went on hiatus", psbf.

It is quite customary that not every team starts playing the same day, as was the case with the CBA schedule all along.

I agree that we need to stop with all the negativity.

Nothing we say will change the CBA-ABA inter-league games, so why keep complaining?

Watch these games as a fan of basketball and forget all of the other nonsense and I think you'll be satisfied... At least I hope I am when Minot plays their first game..
Last edited by DakotaWiz on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:20 am

Contrary to popular rumor, my team did not FOLD, DW(as you would like to hope). They are on hiatus, so don't confuse golding with taking off for a year :rolleyes:

Return to “CBA”