RidiculousUpside

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
DakotaWiz
Site Admin

RidiculousUpside

Post by DakotaWiz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Hey Guys,
I'm working on some posts over at RidiculousUpside.com that are looking at possible guys in the player pool for Friday's draft. You guys should check it out and let me know what you think. Just updated to include possible returning players and coaching changes.

Thanks.
Last edited by DakotaWiz on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeke41
Site Admin

Alex Hill

Post by zeke41 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Nice site...I need to bookmark it!

I'll bring to light a player that has been off the radar for quite some time, but I think that's all about to change this season....

Alex Hill, 6'5" 220 lbs! Alex has maybe one year of college experience, I think in Tifton GA. HE played for the Orlando Aces with me in 2006, and spent some time in Mexico last season. Alex is raw talent, and very, very well trained. He's been working with Marvin Harvey, a shooting coach, for probably half of his life. I can't wait to see where he ends up and what he does with his opportunity this season. Now he has a ridiculous upside!!!!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:08 pm

I'll be sure to watch for Alex tomorrow. I know both Lou Babiarz at the Bismarck Tribune and my colleague Matt Moore at RidiculousUpside both plan to live blog the draft. I might also. Also, I just obtained the official allocation list. Everyone should go over to RU and check it out.

bdyer
Site Admin

Thanks

Post by bdyer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:56 am

Thanks for posting the full list of allocated/returning players. It's nice to have them in one place. Dakota and Sioux Falls look ridiculously strong right off the bat.
Last edited by bdyer on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:57 pm

The league website got it up now too, just a bit later. Keep checking back with RU though. Tonight the plan is for Matt to do a live blog of the draft tonight. If he's not able to, I'm going to try putting something together.

USBasket_EricE
Site Admin

Post by USBasket_EricE » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:09 pm

I might actually be able to watch/listen to the draft tonight because I'm not going anywhere with this blizzard...my car is surrounded by snow drifts and the parking lot drive-in is blocked with more snow and ice. The guy with the brand new Toyota Tundra couldn't even drive through it. I'm just gonna wait for the Bobcat to come and clean it out! Kind of a plus living in an apartment. If any of the Dakota Wizards are in town yet, they're gonna wonder why they came back to Bismarck!

Any predictions on who the top pick will be tonight?

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:33 pm

Rumor yesterday afternoon was Chris Richard...

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Tierre Brown, Smush Parker and Russell Robinson iare NBA caliber 1's.
Rob McKiver and Gary Forbes are the Top 2.
Erik Daniels, James White and Derrick Byers are the top 3's.
James Mays is the top 4
and Richards is the best Center.

I'm interested in seeing how Eddie Ard, KJ Garland and Keoni Watson make out vs. top notch talent.

Kieth Brumbaugh is the prototype minor league player, here is a guy that has loads of talent but has never been coached. He'll also need to gain a little weight because those 6'8 190 dudes never seem to pan out.

Same goes for John Gilchrist, dude was all-ACC as a jr. but a bad tude sidetracked his career, I hope he gets his act together.

Jasper Johnson was a D-2 Beast at Delta State, and their are not a lot of beefy players that can pound inside with him on the draft list.

Taj McCollough was the final cut by the Washington Wizards this fall.

Alpha Bangara is one of the all-time greatest former Mayhem players (For all you old-CBA guys).

Ashanti Cook, Gary Ervin and Vernon Hamilton are all good PG's that could go in Rounds 2-3.

I'd look for bigs (there are not many out there this year) to go in a hurry so Jermareo Davidson, Mohammed Abukar, Coleman Collins, Mays, Daniels and Richards should go in the 1st round. Along with former NBA players like Brown, Parker, White and David Noel. Solid vets like Byars, Hamilton and Larry Ayuso sound round out the 1st round along with the cream of the crop rookies: Russell, Brumbaugh and McCollough and Forbes.(If CJ Giles had declared he would go no.1)
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWiz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:18 pm

Good stuff bectond. You should come over to RU and post... We've got an open thread that we'll be updating thru the draft (And now, when the rumors are flying!!!!)

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:39 pm

[quote=""DakotaWiz""]Good stuff bectond. You should come over to RU and post... We've got an open thread that we'll be updating thru the draft (And now, when the rumors are flying!!!!)[/quote]

OK, i'll come on over.
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

Return to “D-League”