Premature Move Fells

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:32 am

[quote=""The Magician""]Sounds like the TEAMS are more in charge of the league than the ABA CEO ...

Nothing spells NONCONFORMITY like the ABA![/quote]

That might actually be the salvation of the ABA. Let Joe play his little games in the basement and then have the good owners do what they need.
It sounds like they have already done that with the schedule. If a team presents a problem, you just drop them from the schedule and go about your business with a more stable team. If Joe puts up a fuss, all you have to do is say the letters PBL or CBA and Joe will probably back down if he knows what's good for him.
If Joe puts up a fuss come final eight (four, two) time, again bring up three or six letters. Tell him to shut up and go back to the basement. It's become obvious the league doesn't do much for the final whatever and the all-star game. Just get the owners together who are able to operate and discreetly do what they need to do.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:53 am

NK - thats a good idea in principal.

But owners have tried it in practice and been "thrown out" of the league for all sorts of ridiculous reasons dreamed up by Joe.

Almost all stem because these owners who were simply trying to meet the sponsors and fan committments of games and told Joe "to shut up and go back to the basement".

The number one problem in this league is still in the league. Joe Newman. I'm just thankful the man isn't in charge of landing planes at an airport, or directing a military operation or synchronizing my towns traffic lights. It would simply be chaos.

Joe might be a good guy, and Joe might be a wonderful family man, and Joe might have stumbled on a good idea about a league. But by GOD the man couldn't organize a beer if he worked in a brewery.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

cglue
Site Admin

Agree to disagree, thats what good friends do

Post by cglue » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:01 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]NK - thats a good idea in principal.

But owners have tried it in practice and been "thrown out" of the league for all sorts of ridiculous reasons dreamed up by Joe.

Almost all stem because these owners who were simply trying to meet the sponsors and fan committments of games and told Joe "to shut up and go back to the basement".

The number one problem in this league is still in the league. Joe Newman. I'm just thankful the man isn't in charge of landing planes at an airport, or directing a military operation or synchronizing my towns traffic lights. It would simply be chaos.

Joe might be a good guy, and Joe might be a wonderful family man, and Joe might have stumbled on a good idea about a league. But by GOD the man couldn't organize a beer if he worked in a brewery.[/quote]

Joe isnt the blame for the destruction of teams which make up the league. But since he is CEO, unfortunately he gets the tale end of a folding team and thats just the way it is.

But I think letting Q step in and run things is a real good step in the right direction. A direction that I am not afraid to take because I truly see promise in the future. Im optimistic not because I have an invested interest but because the moves that are being made to complete our schedule. Not just one or two teams but the entire league. Thats why you are seeing team move to the expansion. And trust me, if they dont come back then that tells you that the weding process worked and they werent ready from the start.

I have teams to play this year and unlike last year, Im not going to talk trash to the new comers. Im simply "going to take what the Tycoons did last year personal" and play ball.

cglue
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Rose colored glasses:

Oh NO Joe isnt to blame, he just takes the 10K and 20K and puts it in his pocket knowing these guys will have major problems to operate a team.

Whats Q going to do? Ask Doyle for money (again) to make the road trips...LOL

95% of the ABA owners dont have a DIME and Joe knows it...this time with the economy the way it is.,..it will crash in my opinion.

There is a difference between PBL and CBA owners who have a few bucks to lose and ABA rec league owners who have the limit on their credit cards exceeded.

cglue
Site Admin

In Your Opinion?

Post by cglue » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:00 pm

[quote=""a1sports""]Rose colored glasses:

Oh NO Joe isnt to blame, he just takes the 10K and 20K and puts it in his pocket knowing these guys will have major problems to operate a team.

Whats Q going to do? Ask Doyle for money (again) to make the road trips...LOL

95% of the ABA owners dont have a DIME and Joe knows it...this time with the economy the way it is.,..it will crash in my opinion.

There is a difference between PBL and CBA owners who have a few bucks to lose and ABA rec league owners who have the limit on their credit cards exceeded.[/quote]

EEWWWW!!!!

I never thought I would see the day.

A1 is getting soft. What happen to without a doubt or pointing facts that it is doomed because of lawsuits?!??!?!?!?!

WOW, "in my opinion", thats interesting.

cglue

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:29 pm

this is how Joe handles getting help....

He has an emergency shareholder meeting at 1 minute after midnight and Joe, Tingkham and hester vote out Doyle, salley and the others...

there is no reasoning with him...ask him why he never showed the board members the check book... ask him why Connie, a non memember of the corporation, signed checks...ask him....oh never mind

he needs your 10k to keep his lifestyle going..... thats it, All the rest is talk and BS plans. and look at all who fall for it.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:22 am

[quote=""cglue""]Joe isnt the blame for the destruction of teams which make up the league. But since he is CEO, unfortunately he gets the tale end of a folding team and thats just the way it is.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Thats why you are seeing team move to the expansion. And trust me, if they dont come back then that tells you that the weeding process worked and they werent ready from the start.
Actually, There should not be a list of expansion teams.

Part of the term EXPANSION (a process), pertains to teams WHO HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED INTO A LEAGUE and will begin play at an official pre-determined scheduled/seasonal date.

There's no such thing as jumping from season to season as an expansion team, just because that team is not ready to play.

If anything, a league has a list of possible expansion candidates, of which a team or organization applies for, and gains acceptance into a league.

What you have on the ABA Expansion teams list (for the most part) are teams who should not have been granted acceptance into the league to begin with.

Not playing during the season that you are scheduled to start is not acceptable. (Texas City Rangers not included, as per cglue's explanation)

So really, this so called WEEDING OUT process that has occurred recently, is just a reflection of how poor the ABA CEO instituted an EXPANSION process from the very beginning. Over 200 failed teams (markets) and growing.

One of these days the ABA will learn about STRUCTURE.

Until then ...

Enjoy that RWB Kool-aid along with those ABA Market Reservation beverage napkins.
Last edited by The Magician on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:04 am

Lets sum up the above with this................

Anyone can get an ABA team with a 10k check. Anyone, any time, any where.

McMurdo Antartic Station, Bosnia, Irkutsk, Guam..............anywhere, anyone. Just send a check to Joe. Anyone.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

cglue
Site Admin

No Clue

Post by cglue » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:08 pm

You guys just have no idea.

Im tired of explaining cause its falling on deaf ears, just wish us luck this season.

And a1, if I didnt know any better, Id think you have a major man crush on Tom Doyle.

What ever happened to those lawsuits a few months ago that was going to force Joe to handover the league?

cglue

TEN
Site Admin

Post by TEN » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:35 pm

[quote=""cglue""]You guys just have no idea.

Im tired of explaining cause its falling on deaf ears, just wish us luck this season.

And a1, if I didnt know any better, Id think you have a major man crush on Tom Doyle.

What ever happened to those lawsuits a few months ago that was going to force Joe to handover the league?

cglue[/quote]

We have no idea, huh?

Those of us who have been watching this trainwreck of a league for almost a decade? Those of us who actually have a clue about how to run a minor league basketball team and have watched in "shock and awe" at some of the things that have happened in this league?

cglue...I'd venture to say that some of us have more of a clue than you do. You could go a long way toward showing me you have a clue by playing EVERY scheduled home and road game (and playing some sembalance of a balanced schedule would help...but I would accept even a bogus ABA schedule) on a schedule that comes out BEFORE the season and is not revised 100 times before March...of February...or whenever the ABA season grinds to a premature halt.

I've watched Joe Newman destroy minor league basketball...and you are just an enabler...

Can you tell that I might be bitter? ;)

Return to “ABA”