ABA Owners & NBA to oust ABA CEO

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
The Magician
Site Admin

ABA Owners & NBA to oust ABA CEO

Post by The Magician » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:59 am

Just a thought here.

What if ...

The current, past, and future ABA Owners, united together, to form a NEW ABA, with the goal of submitting a business proposal to the NBA about making a sizeable $__ donation to the NBA, in return for a REVOCATION of the current ABA license, currently held by the existing ABA CEO & Partner(s), and then granting the license to the NEW ABA?

Just think of the possibilities my friends ... Plus, owners could actually have a $slice of the ownership of the license.

And NOT that the NBA would be open to the proposition above, in any shape, form, fashion or communication ...

But you know how conspiracy theories are the thing to write/talk about these days :infun:

Note to Minor League Basketball Fans across America: Wouldn't you like a NEW ABA CEO today!
Last edited by The Magician on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Reason: NBA Lawyers are to be feared. Plus, they can read everything about the ABA and it's CEO right here at OSC!

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:01 am

An easier way would be to buy up every share of ABKB.PK you can get (currently trading at $0.02 a share) and oust Joe that way.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:53 am

I personally think the 'scorched earth' policy invented by the Soviet Red Army and perfected by Joe has so degraded the name ABA that it would almost be better to simply wash your hands and walk away.

I just am astounded to the point of speechlessness about his latest venture where he will go and "help" ( term HELP used as facesiously and comically as possible ) so minor league team grow their business.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:00 pm

[quote=""nksports""]An easier way would be to buy up every share of ABKB.PK you can get (currently trading at $0.02 a share) and oust Joe that way.[/quote]

Wouldn't work. Mr. Newman, Mr. Tinkham and allies control more than 50 percent of the shares. They have shown time and again they're not interested in losing control of the league.

cglue
Site Admin

Good info

Post by cglue » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:41 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Wouldn't work. Mr. Newman, Mr. Tinkham and allies control more than 50 percent of the shares. They have shown time and again they're not interested in losing control of the league.[/quote]

Thats exactly what I was about to share with everyone. They own at least 51%, so your TAKEOVER plan would only cost alot of money with a ending result of having alot of shares.

cglue
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:46 pm

[quote=""cglue""]Thats exactly what I was about to share with everyone. They own at least 51%, so your TAKEOVER plan would only cost alot of money with a ending result of having alot of shares.

cglue[/quote]

Then it sounds like the ABA present, past, and future owners should seek out some "friends of the NBA" and have a TEXAS BBQ ... :infun:

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:01 pm

I'll take "Misleading Thread Titles" for $100, Alex.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:50 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]I'll take "Misleading Thread Titles" for $100, Alex.[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. How deceptive. I never would have given this thread a second thought otherwise.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:57 pm

Hey owners ...

How's that ABA Rescue package coming along?

Do you have any potential NEW ABA CEO's in the current mix ...

cglue
Site Admin

Hey

Post by cglue » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Alex, I'll take "He Just Wanted to See His Thread Get Hits" for $1000 please.
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

Return to “ABA”