Global tips its hand — either Belton or Independence

The Central Hockey League (CHL) forum
nksports
Site Admin

Global tips its hand — either Belton or Independence

Post by nksports » Wed May 30, 2007 9:16 pm

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/128206.html

Next stop for the CHL either Belton, Mo., or Independence, Mo., both in the KC suburbs

SeaToby
Site Admin

Post by SeaToby » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:14 pm

With Indepedence getting a CHL expansion team next year, finally Kansas City fans will be able to enjoy minor league hockey. I can't believe the AHL hasn't moved into Kansas City's new Sprint Center.

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Dude, whats with the responding to posts that a year and a half since the last post. You seem to have good things to talk about, you should start new threads.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:51 pm

I'm quite familiar with Independence, Missouri. My aunt used to live near there, and it was also the starting point in the Oregon Trail computer game.

Let's hope no players die of dysentery...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:21 pm

[quote=""SeaToby""]With Indepedence getting a CHL expansion team next year, finally Kansas City fans will be able to enjoy minor league hockey. I can't believe the AHL hasn't moved into Kansas City's new Sprint Center.[/quote]

Because the Sprint Center has been focusing on attracting a NHL tenant? Why move to a place you'd have to leave in a year or two?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:42 pm

[quote=""rams80""]Because the Sprint Center has been focusing on attracting a NHL tenant? Why move to a place you'd have to leave in a year or two?[/quote]
The NHL commish said they have no plans to expand right now, and no team has any plan to relocate either.

Might as well take what you can get for the short-term.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Actually there a lot of rumors of LA moving to the Sprint Center.

Hockey
Site Admin

Post by Hockey » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:22 pm

I don't see why they don't put a USHL team in the building for the time being. Give the building some experience working with the ice. Get a sales staff talking about hockey in the market.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:09 pm

[quote=""Geoff""]Actually there a lot of rumors of LA moving to the Sprint Center.[/quote]

And what's the status on Nashville's lease again?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:07 am

[quote=""Geoff""]Actually there a lot of rumors of LA moving to the Sprint Center.[/quote]

Phil Anschutz controls Staples Center AND the Kings. I don't see that one in the cards.

Nashville has stayed put because the city subsidizes the team. If that goes away, well...
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “CHL”