Premature Move Fells

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
cglue
Site Admin

Premature Move Fells

Post by cglue » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 pm

I think that was a good question that needs to be addressed in the thread you just locked. Im the last person thats tryng to start some mess but that question needs to be answered because I along with others really would like to know.

HOW IN THE HELL DOES A1 ACCESS EMAILS BETWEEN DAVE AND JOE?!?!?!?!?!?!

HAS IS OBSESSION CAUSED HIM TO BREAK THE LAW!?!?!??!?!?

OR IS THAT LEGAL NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?

cglue
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Larry -

A1sports source is not breaking into Joes email or Dave's email.

A1sports source is Joe Newman. The problem is Joe will cc about 4-10 people on many emails. Once he does this if that gets forwarded its ending up in A1's hands.

I would be willing to be good money, that the email A1 posted was sent by Joe and had about 10 people cc'ed on it. If they forward it on to their people and then those people forward it on then you can see how A1 does this.

Something Joe wrote to me ended up disseminated like this and a couple of days later was on this board.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:06 am

if everyone exploited their "insider sources", there would never be a need for a press release. and the above comment is not open to discussion or commentaries or differences of opinions. (in honor of A1)..lol.. i predict it to be dark after 9pm tonight...

cglue
Site Admin

Hey Wusup Paul

Post by cglue » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:07 am

I here you Paul, but thats too easy to say or do and hide. Obviously a1 is still an owner or on the expansion list or something cause he gets updates when we recieve them. Thats too easy to say that its passed on like that. We check every week who logs into the conference calls and everyone checks out. Joe gives us all updates for those of us who missed the cc, but nevertheless, everyone is accounted for.

It makes my brain itch but nothing is that important to consume all my time over something that I hate so much. Thats just my take, but is good to hear from you bro and good to see you still amongst the land of the living. I got some breaking news coming out tomorrow(really aint a big deal) but I will have it sent to you.

cglue
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:18 am

[quote=""cglue""]I here you Paul, but thats too easy to say or do and hide. Obviously a1 is still an owner or on the expansion list or something cause he gets updates when we recieve them. Thats too easy to say that its passed on like that. We check every week who logs into the conference calls and everyone checks out. Joe gives us all updates for those of us who missed the cc, but nevertheless, everyone is accounted for.

It makes my brain itch but nothing is that important to consume all my time over something that I hate so much. Thats just my take, but is good to hear from you bro and good to see you still amongst the land of the living. I got some breaking news coming out tomorrow(really aint a big deal) but I will have it sent to you.

cglue[/quote]

Or take it easy and wait for A1 to tell us..lol

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:04 am

[quote=""cglue""]I here you Paul, but thats too easy to say or do and hide. Obviously a1 is still an owner or on the expansion list or something cause he gets updates when we recieve them. Thats too easy to say that its passed on like that. We check every week who logs into the conference calls and everyone checks out. Joe gives us all updates for those of us who missed the cc, but nevertheless, everyone is accounted for.

cglue[/quote]

Thanks for the news.

I agree with you that A1 is an insider. But I don't think "everyone is accounted for" somehow. He swears he simply walked in to the ABA meeting in 2006. He said he was from the, from the, from the............I don't know..the..... Winnipeg Wife-beaters and people just let him sit down. Joe even walked by and said "Hi Murray" and his name isn't Murray.

I have my suspicions and his identity well, I'm sure that it'll come out one day. Maybe.

If a documentary or book about this league is done by someone then he is my first choice.

All the best. Paul
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

runninref
Site Admin

Post by runninref » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:22 am

Trust me when I tell you that A1 could have walked in on that meeting, sat down, and acted like he owned the place. No one would have known the difference. I guarantee you it did happen! :mrgreen:

formerlyknownasfells
Site Admin

Post by formerlyknownasfells » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:20 pm

[quote=""cglue""]I think that was a good question that needs to be addressed in the thread you just locked. Im the last person thats tryng to start some mess but that question needs to be answered because I along with others really would like to know.

HOW IN THE HELL DOES A1 ACCESS EMAILS BETWEEN DAVE AND JOE?!?!?!?!?!?!

HAS IS OBSESSION CAUSED HIM TO BREAK THE LAW!?!?!??!?!?

OR IS THAT LEGAL NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?

cglue[/quote]

Larry,

I locked the thread because of the fact Dave lobbed an allegation out there that cannot be proven, and because I really think he is grasping at straws here.

A1 can get these e-mails in the same way I have received many of them and that is by having them sent to him. I have had Joe's e-mails sent to me by former, current and prospective owners. I have had them sent to me by players who got their hands on them, and even from GM's and other personnel.

So, before you go out and toss an accusation out, make sure you have thought out the various scenarios and then make judgment. You may not think much of A1 and how he gets his information, but he is FAR from stupid and would not resort to resorting to illegal activities to get information. Trust me, there are more than just a few former and current owners (217 folded teams in this train wreck) who want Joe exposed.

It was not a premature move at all Larry, I was just using common sense and did not want that thread to turn into a flame war.
"Of all of the things I have lost, I think I miss my mind the most."

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:20 pm

Joe said ..Hi Mike ! As he walked by me at the owners meeting that day. Yes, I heard all of the BS comming from Joes mouth but to restate again, Its the goofy owners soaking up his BS that day that showed the IQ level of the owners. What did stand out are two teams that walked out at lunch and didnt come back.,...next thing you know they were in the PBL. So not everyone is an idiot.

Now looking back....NOT one thing Joe said that day ever came true. Yet here we have the ABA rec league tying to play ball and guys still sending in checks to him. AMAZING !

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:35 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]Larry -

A1sports source is not breaking into Joes email or Dave's email.

A1sports source is Joe Newman. The problem is Joe will cc about 4-10 people on many emails. Once he does this if that gets forwarded its ending up in A1's hands.

I would be willing to be good money, that the email A1 posted was sent by Joe and had about 10 people cc'ed on it. If they forward it on to their people and then those people forward it on then you can see how A1 does this.

Something Joe wrote to me ended up disseminated like this and a couple of days later was on this board.[/quote]

I believe you are correct. I, for one, also ended up with a copy of that email that A1 posted, forwarded from the original recipient. I'm not certain Mr. Newman intended it to be private, but that's a guess. A1 would need Mr. Newman's password to access his email, and I believe it's unlikely he has it. From personal experience, I believe it is far more likely that someone who gets the emails from Mr. Newman is sending them to A1.

I know some have picked on A1 because the ABA hasn't issued a release of teams being removed from the 2008-09 season as he predicted, but the bottom line is that teams are being removed from the 2008-09 season, and there are more to come.

Return to “ABA”