AAFL selects Baden for official game ball

The All American Football League (AAFL) forum
SignGuyDino
Site Admin

AAFL selects Baden for official game ball

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Wonderful...the league I call uppity for their requirement that only college graduates can play in their league (while renting out publicly funded fields), and the silly team names (or is it no names?), gets my favorite company's game ball.
Baden named the Official Ball of the AAFL

For Immediate Release
January 18, 2008

ATLANTA, GA – The All American Football League (AAFL) announced today a corporate sponsorship deal with Baden Sports. Baden has been named the Official Ball of the AAFL, and will be the exclusive provider of all AAFL licensed athletic balls.

Baden will provide the new professional football league with leather footballs to be used exclusively during all regular season, playoff and championship games.

The official footballs used during games will bear the AAFL logo.

Baden will also provide AAFL footballs to be sold to the public, and will provide marketing and sales support to promote sales of AAFL licensed products.

“Baden Sports is proud to partner with what promises to be an exciting and competitive league,” said Michael Schindler, Baden Sports Chief Executive Officer.

Baden’s Perfection™ Football features Premium Grade Horween® leather as well as several innovative features including the QB Seam™, Spiral Zone Radius™, exclusive five-ply liner and the Performance Logo™.

Baden Sports, Inc., an independent, family-owned company, entered the athletic ball market in 1979 to address the need for higher quality products. Unique from its competitors for which athletic balls are a secondary business, Baden focuses 100% of its attention on designing and producing the finest and broadest range of athletic balls in the industry. Baden is renowned in the industry for its PASSION FOR A BETTER GAME™. This passion drives every decision and aspect of Baden’s business.

“Baden’s product quality was our primary motivation for pursuing this partnership,” said Keenan Davis, VP of League Operations & COO of the AAFL. “As we head into our inaugural season, we intend to offer our players every advantage possible to be successful on the field, and Baden footballs are an essential component of that equation.”

AAFL teams will play 10 games, beginning in April 2008. The spring schedule is designed to satisfy fans who hunger for quality football between the NFL and college seasons. The League’s teams are located in avid college football markets representing Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Michigan, Tennessee and Texas.

For more information about the All American Football League, visit http://www.AAFL.com.

Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Here's a video about their footballs:

http://www.badensports.com/images/VIDEO ... otball.wmv

I have the football they have which is composite and I like it a lot. The AAFL mentioned they will use the leather ball and the top one sold is $100 each.

The only thing I don't like is the valve stem. Their basketballs have the valve stem inside the ball with just a little airhole for the airpump, which I think is a good idea.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

TheHulk
Site Admin

Post by TheHulk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Wow, that's a good ball. I just saw the video. Whoa...Mario really let himself go. LOL

Return to “AAFL”