A great AAFL Championship idea!

The All American Football League (AAFL) forum
uflorlandofan
Site Admin

A great AAFL Championship idea!

Post by uflorlandofan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:28 am

I think if the AAFL really wants to emulate the College Football experience they should have several of the news media and AAFL Coaches come together every week and rank the 6 teams in the order they think they should be ranked. That group should then go ahead and contact the BCS officails and of course since it is the College Football off season, they should not be to busy to come up with a formula for the number 1 versus number two AAFL team. Then there should be two more bowl games pitting 3 versus 6, and 4 versus 5. I guess that would mean if 3 beat 6 really bad and 2 just snuck by number 1 there could be controversy. Heck even 4 versus 5 could have a legitimate argument to be the AAFL Champion if the other two dont do very well. What would you even need a playoff for? I am very excited abouthe AAFL, and I will be there in Tampa to check them out!

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:45 am

I hope that is one thing the AAFL doesn't emulate about college football. If they want to be a legit league, they need playoffs. The rankings and BCS mess is what the major problem with Bowl Subdivision NCAA football anyhow.

OneBetter
Site Admin

Post by OneBetter » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:20 am

[quote=""Shootmaster_44""]I hope that is one thing the AAFL doesn't emulate about college football. If they want to be a legit league, they need playoffs. The rankings and BCS mess is what the major problem with Bowl Subdivision NCAA football anyhow.[/quote]

I completely agree. The BCS is the biggest problem in major college football right now. The BCS is a HORRIBLE entity.

Just follow what the Football Championship Subdivision, DII, and DIII do: go with a traditional playoff format.
The ABA and OSC have a lot in common.

Return to “AAFL”