AAFL playoff format determined

The All American Football League (AAFL) forum
Fran
Site Admin

AAFL playoff format determined

Post by Fran » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:21 am

From an article.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages ... geId=6.1.1

Katz says the league will have a 10-game schedule with all teams playing each other twice. The playoffs will consist of the second- and third-place teams playing for the right to face the regular-season champion for the league championship on July 3.

"Everybody goes out on the fourth (of July),” Katz said. “The third is not a work night. So everybody will be at home watching the game on television."

I like that idea it rewards the first place team with two weeks to prepare for the Championship. Also lets hope the AAFL gets a tv deal.

dletter
Site Admin

Post by dletter » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:02 am

Well, obviously if he mentioned that people will be "home to watch it on TV", that, he expects some sort of TV deal.

I wouldn't doubt that Versus might pick up both the AAFL and UFL. Would give them a lot of "pro" football almost year round.

Although, since NFL Europa has died, and this is an "extension" of college football, which is seen by most as the NFL's "minor league" as it is, you wonder if the NFL might be interested in floating the league eventually as their new "NFL Europa" (except US based), especially if the league can survive for a year or two. Obviously if that happens, the games are on NFL Network then.

The UFL can't get on "broadcast" TV, since every network either has an NFL contract or is connected to a network that does.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:52 pm

What? No bowl games?

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:20 am

[quote=""Fran""]From an article.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages ... geId=6.1.1

Katz says the league will have a 10-game schedule with all teams playing each other twice. The playoffs will consist of the second- and third-place teams playing for the right to face the regular-season champion for the league championship on July 3.

"Everybody goes out on the fourth (of July),” Katz said. “The third is not a work night. So everybody will be at home watching the game on television."

I like that idea it rewards the first place team with two weeks to prepare for the Championship. Also lets hope the AAFL gets a tv deal.[/quote]

Neither ESPN, nor a network, will pick up this league. Not many will watch the game. Also fireworks shows are now held before the 4th nowadays....folks may be out on the 3rd.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:45 am

The UFL can get on a certain HD channel that Mark Cuban co-owns. In fact they could be on HDNet and HDNet Movies if Cuban wanted. That goes a long way to get a separate network to partner with.

Return to “AAFL”