I JUST got this E-mail..part 2..

The All American Football League (AAFL) forum
SignGuyDino
Site Admin

I JUST got this E-mail..part 2..

Post by SignGuyDino » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:40 pm

Supposedly the AAFL has a TV deal...they just won't name the station, that's all...

AAFL LANDS BROADCAST DEALS, SWEETENS THE POT FOR POTENTIAL INVESTORS

The AAFL is finalizing major national television and radio deals this week, which should be welcome news to interested financial partners. Terms of this agreement require the official announcement is to be made by the broadcast entities and is contingent on the league locating an additional investor(s). The league announced last week that it was actively seeking additional funding to counter the negative repercussions of the liquidity crisis in the asset-backed financial markets, which have seriously affected the League’s majority owner' ability to personally finance the League.

This national TV agreement will guarantee that the following 21 (of this season’s 32 games) will be broadcast in HD by a well-known prestigious national network.

2008 AAFL Network TV Schedule

Saturday April 12:
1 PM ET – Arkansas at Texas
4 PM ET – Michigan at Tennessee

Saturday April 19:
1 PM ET – Texas at Alabama
4 PM ET – Tennessee at Arkansas

Saturday May 3:
1 PM ET – Texas at Michigan
4 PM ET – Florida at Tennessee

Saturday May 10:
1 PM ET – Michigan at Arkansas
4 PM ET – Florida at Texas

Saturday May 17:
1 PM ET – Arkansas at Tennessee
4 PM ET – Michigan at Florida

Saturday May 24:
1 PM ET – Florida at Alabama
4 PM ET – Texas at Arkansas

Saturday May 31:
1 PM ET – Texas at Florida
4 PM ET – Tennessee at Alabama

Saturday June 7:
1 PM ET – Arkansas at Alabama
4 PM ET – Michigan at Texas

Saturday June 14:
1 PM ET – Michigan at Alabama
4 PM ET – Florida at Arkansas

Saturday June 21
4 PM ET - Alabama at Florida

Playoff
Saturday June 28:
4 PM ET – Team 3 at Team 2

Championship
Thursday July 3:
8 PM ET – Playoff winner at Team 1

Finalization of the TV deal is contingent upon the League locating a new majority owner this week.

The remaining 11 games will be picked up by a series of regional and local networks, insuring that each game will be televised and available to fans all across the nation.

The AAFL has also previously announced that they have partnered with national radio syndicator Touchdown Radio Productions, Inc to broadcast every AAFL game on national airwaves. Rights to all games will be owned by the AAFL through the AAFL Radio Network I

In addition, a major satellite radio company has agreed to carry all of the AAFL’s 2008 games live each Saturday. The broadcast partner will release details of this agreement, later this week.

The League has recently completed their 2008 draft, where a a full complement of excellent players were selected for each of six teams including Heisman winner Eric Crouch, who will QB for Texas and National Championship Chris Leak, who will QB for Florida.

Crouch will be showcased in the League's inaugural game against Arkansas on April 12, facing off against Arkansas all-time leading QB Clint Stoerner, in what is expected to showcase they type of high-powered offense and exciting college-style game-play the AAFL feels will attract fans to this college style brand of professional spring football.

For the latest information about the All American Football League and the status of their search for a new majority owner, contact Arlene Howard or Ben Cooke of AHPR, Inc. at 310-454-7221.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:56 pm

Who wants to bet this is the same bunch that gave the AIFA their "national" tv deal.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:02 am

[quote=""SignGuyDino""]Finalization of the TV deal is contingent upon the League locating a new majority owner this week.[/quote]

Who would be stupid enough to to waste their money buying the majority ownership of this sinking ship?

Wolf33
Site Admin

Post by Wolf33 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Don’t be surprised if someone does come to the rescue. There are a lot of big money / big ego people in this world and some of them will do some unusual things just to prove that they can do it. If someone takes over and then gives the teams real names, actual mascots, changes colors (to avoid alienating half the people in every state), drop the degree requirement and market like crazy this thing could survive. They will still lose a boat load of money this season because of the bad decisions of the current ownership but could turn things around by year two.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:11 pm

I could see that happening. They're also going to have to do away with this "one team per state" bologna.

dletter
Site Admin

Post by dletter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:18 pm

Just my guess, if there is a real network involved here, my guess is it is Versus.

The AAFL season starts after College Basketball has ended, and well before College Football has begun, so, Versus really had no interesting live events to put on a Saturday afternoon anyway. So, this pseudo-college football league works pretty well for them and their low expectations for ratings.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:13 pm

I think it's PBS.

9:00 Sesame Street
10:00 Mr. Rodgers
11:00 AAFL Football

logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:05 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]I think it's PBS.

11:00 AAFL Football[/quote]

Actually PBS here shows UConn womens bball games. So I guess your smart ass comment isnt so....smart.
________
Herbal vaporizers
Last edited by logoguru on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:49 am

[quote=""logoguru""]Actually PBS here shows UConn womens bball games. So I guess your smart ass comment isnt so....smart.[/quote]

3:00 Bob Ross painting
4:00 UConn Womens Basketball

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:44 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]I think it's PBS.

11:00 AAFL Football[/quote]

I'd be pleased if it was PBS. I realize most people here seem to want this to fail (but maybe I'm wrong), but I would like to see this fly. Being in Canada, PBS would be a better option for me to watch games than Versus as you cannot legally get that channel in Canada.

However, if I were a betting man I would expect that it will be on TBS or TNT as they used Turner Studios to do their draft show. Sadly, that would mean I wouldn't be able to watch these games as neither of those channels are carried in Canada either.

Return to “AAFL”