I just got this email...

The All American Football League (AAFL) forum
SignGuyDino
Site Admin

I just got this email...

Post by SignGuyDino » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:55 pm

ALL AMERICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE® LOOKING FOR NEW MAJORITY OWNER TO SALVAGE '08 SEASON

In an attempt to secure kickoff of its inaugural season as well as its long-term future and success, the All American Football League has begun discussions to explore multiple financing options.

Since inception, the League's finances have been indirectly tied to the $300 billion federally guaranteed student loan asset backed securities market. In August, the subprime mortgage crisis began spreading into other sectors such as municipal bonds and federally guaranteed student loans. The situation, which was considered to be temporary at the time, has continued to worsen.

Despite the fact that the Federal Reserve has repeatedly lowered interest rates during this financial crisis, their efforts have not yet restored liquidity in many asset backed markets, including municipal bonds and student loans.

The League held its inaugural draft in January, and the team rosters and staffs are all in place. All teams are scheduled to open training camp Wednesday if liquidity can be immediately restored.

Every effort is being made to insure that the '08 season will be played as planned, but this depends upon a locating new majority owner with the needed liquidity, which in turn depends upon the League being able to finalize a TV deal. Otherwise, the inaugural season will be postponed to '09.

Risa Balayem
Sr. Director of Communication
All American Football League®
One Glenlake Parkway

Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30328
678.638.6366 Office

678.638.6397 Fax

313.549.0012 Cell

risa.balayem@aafl.com

http://www.aafl.com
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Translation: We were stupid, please give us more money to sink into the pit.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Someone REALLY needs to slap me. Seriously.

I read that e-mail Sign Guy posted and I still can't shake the following thought:

"Sometimes, it's smarter to lie."

Admit you got nailed in the loan market and then beg for money? Good freaking luck!
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Interesting post from one the Team Florida forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
per http://www.jacksonville.com sources they say the league is going to fold, the question is who do I contact to get my season ticket money back?

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:54 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]the question is who do I contact to get my season ticket money back?[/quote]

Boy, haven't we heard this story over and over again?

I will support and attend any league that wants to put a team within a short drive of my home, but I will never buy season tickets again...

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:25 pm

I'm with you with one caveat: Unless they have a TV network regularly broadcasting commericals FOR them, as in, they're showing their games.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:36 am

The you-know-what meter is now off the scale..

..just got THIS email:

Statement from the All American Football League:

Atlanta, GA – The All American Football League continues to progress toward its 2008 inaugural season. The League’s CEO, Marcus Katz, stated that discussions continue with several prospective investors and that negotiations for broadcast coverage of AAFL games continue to move forward. The start of preseason training camps will be delayed briefly during this process, with the intent that the League’s games will kick off on April 12, 2008.

###

Risa Balayem
One Glenlake Parkway

Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30328
678.638.6366 Office

678.638.6397 Fax

313.549.0012 Cell

risa.balayem@aafl.com

http://www.aafl.com

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:22 pm

[quote=""SignGuyDino""]The you-know-what meter is now off the scale..

..just got THIS email:

Statement from the All American Football League:

Atlanta, GA – The All American Football League continues to progress toward its 2008 inaugural season. The League’s CEO, Marcus Katz, stated that discussions continue with several prospective investors and that negotiations for broadcast coverage of AAFL games continue to move forward. The start of preseason training camps will be delayed briefly during this process, with the intent that the League’s games will kick off on April 12, 2008.

###

Risa Balayem
One Glenlake Parkway

Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30328
678.638.6366 Office

678.638.6397 Fax

313.549.0012 Cell

risa.balayem@aafl.com

http://www.aafl.com[/quote]

Yesssssssss!!!!!!!

Where can I buy season tickets?

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:03 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]Yesssssssss!!!!!!!

Where can I buy season tickets?[/quote]

I'd hold off on buying those season tickets if I were you. Once a league makes it public that they're about to fold, it's going to be pretty damn hard to recover from that, especially since they haven't even played a game yet. They may end up playing this season. But if they do, it will be their only season.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:37 pm

[quote=""indoor fan""]Yesssssssss!!!!!!!

Where can I buy season tickets?[/quote]

Dude, now I have to replace the batteries in my sarcasm meter. Have you no shame?!?!
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Return to “AAFL”