The GM for the Bayarea Toros is/was Mike Pede-Out of Biz

OOPS.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:27 pm

[quote=""factor""]The GM for the Texas Team is Mike Pede- Out of Biz
The GM for the Bayarea Toros is/was Mike Pede-Out of Biz

OOPS.[/quote]

Can you provide any evidence that the Toros are out of business? Because I can't find any. In fact, from what I can see, everything is moving forward as planned.

factor
Site Admin

Correction Noted

Post by factor » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Bayarea Toros are going for 2008. Bad info. Aplology to BAT

logoguru
Site Admin

Post by logoguru » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:31 pm

I DO think Spring football can be done. The WLAF was great, the NFL got greedy weird, with individual owners. The UFL has the money to compete, I just wish they would move to Spring.

What kind of merchandise would the AAFL sell? TEAM ______ gear? So bush league. That has to be a major money maker/advertising they missed out on.
________
PerfectHardcore cam
Last edited by logoguru on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf33
Site Admin

Post by Wolf33 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:38 pm

What did you expect when you get a bunch of ex-college presidents together to run a league? They know absolutely nothing about the real world. They don’t know how to market and promote. They have always had alumni just throw money at them and their programs. If real football people and real marketing people were in charge this would have been done much better and had a real shot at making it.

Absolutely Stupid AAFL Ideas include:

1) No team names (Team _______ ? Yea Right )
2) No team mascots (Can’t sell merchandise)
3) Colors that match one of the local university’s (Alienating at least half of the population of every state they are in)
4) Degree required for all players (Limits quality of players and who cares if a professional player has a degree or not)
5) Playing in big over priced stadiums (Playing in smaller more affordable stadiums makes 10,000 to 20,000 fans look like a full house)

Good AAFL Ideas:
1) Playing from April through June
2) Limiting player salaries

Hopefully someday some real money people will team up with some real football people and make a spring football league work.

Return to “AAFL”