The GM for the Bayarea Toros is/was Mike Pede-Out of Biz
Can you provide any evidence that the Toros are out of business? Because I can't find any. In fact, from what I can see, everything is moving forward as planned.
What kind of merchandise would the AAFL sell? TEAM ______ gear? So bush league. That has to be a major money maker/advertising they missed out on.
Absolutely Stupid AAFL Ideas include:
1) No team names (Team _______ ? Yea Right )
2) No team mascots (Cant sell merchandise)
3) Colors that match one of the local universitys (Alienating at least half of the population of every state they are in)
4) Degree required for all players (Limits quality of players and who cares if a professional player has a degree or not)
5) Playing in big over priced stadiums (Playing in smaller more affordable stadiums makes 10,000 to 20,000 fans look like a full house)
Good AAFL Ideas:
1) Playing from April through June
2) Limiting player salaries
Hopefully someday some real money people will team up with some real football people and make a spring football league work.