AAFL on Television

The All American Football League (AAFL) forum
Panthers14
Site Admin

AAFL on Television

Post by Panthers14 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:06 am

Will the AAFL be televised for the 2008 Season? If so, on what network and when? Or, will the AAFL offer internet telecast as other leagues do (i.e. AF2)? Only serious replies please...

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:50 am

As of right now there are no TV deals in place for the AAFL. The speculation is that the networks that broadcast the AAFL draft will be the home of the games for the season. Thus, no games will be on a national network this season. Effectively shutting out any sort of interest in non-league cities for this league.

The worst part is I definitely won't get to see any games up here in Canada. Best I can hope for is that a deal with a network such as Spike TV, the NFL Network or one of the Canadian sports channels is worked out. Somehow, I doubt Spike would carry games as they seemed to have distanced themselves from team sports. The NFL Network could be a home for them, as they will need content in the spring with NFL Europa being shut down. With no Canadian players and very, very limited exposure in Canada, I highly doubt TSN, RSN or The Score will bother showing any games. I mean if the Arena Football League regular season isn't covered in Canada, I doubt the AAFL will be either.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

mostly ComCast?

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:13 pm

I found a definitely "maybe" for TV deals completed.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Americ ... all_League :
The AAFL draft was broadcast live on the league's website, and the following stations:

* Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast (CSS): CSS will broadcast to 5.8 million households across the following 12 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
* Cox Sports Television (CST): CST will broadcast to residents in parts of Alabama, Florida, Texas (not Houston) & Arkansas
* WTBU 55 will broadcast to residents in Houston, Texas.
* Bright House Networks will broadcast to residents in Orlando, FL[5]

Television

The AAFL is expected to be seen on a regional basis on the channels listed above that carried the AAFL draft. There is as of yet no national television deal with any network.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

lediana
Site Admin

Post by lediana » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:54 am

credit auto

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

cusefan21
Site Admin

Post by cusefan21 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:57 pm

As a diehard football fan i am in agreement that this league will only succeed if the get more major backing from the NFL and CFL. Backing this AAFL which seems to me to be on the fold as sad to say it but having the NFL back it not only will this benefit the NFL in the long run but give many more players opportunities to showcase their talent that seems to be missed in the NFL. Since the folding of the NFLE the NFL has done nothing to promote other leagues which to me is sad because many owners, players, and coaches sure would back such a system. I guarentee owners like Jimmy Johnson would but local texas teams so he could stuff players he wants into those teams and if he loses a start he can find one thats not only succeeding in a minor league but find a suitable replacement thats been getting playing experience for someone a teram has put on IR. So i have this to say the NFLPA and the NFL Commish need to go forward and start talking about otther leagues as a vialble talent source for them at very reduced prices.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:43 pm

I agree. The thing is the NFL and CFL at least communicate, meet and have signed agreements. Other than the CFL, unless the NFL sets up, funds and provides players for the new league they avoid it like the plague.

Even the Arena League which had NFL owners owning some teams never really had any kind of agreement or even talk. AAFL, UFL, USFL version 2.0, the RFL, all will mightily struggle unless they get the NFL on board.

Other than the CFL which has been around for 80ish years and isn't going anywhere the NFL simply views everyone else as dirt.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Return to “AAFL”