so it wasn't just Daytona...But the whole league

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:11 pm

I doubt Tallahassee has the financial horses for the af2, so they are probably gone.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:41 pm

I will say this carefully and hopefully just one time, and I know certain people in the league in question is reading this, so before they get any ideas:

I will kiss the gates of Hell before I'll support an AIFA team in Asheville.

I will fervently oppose any effort for the AIFA to be in the Civic Center in 2008, 2009, 2010, or in any potential new venue. You won't have to worry, the locker rooms shall be removed in 2011 and there will be no sports teams in the Civic Center then anyway.

You can claim what you want, but it's the same league as the AIFL that screwed many vendors and season ticket holders (including me).

Especially as long as Haines has ANY role in the league. "BUT HE HAS NO ROLE!" BALONEY!

Felt the same way about Waronker being allowed in the SPHL when he screwed over several cities including Asheville. Blatently lied about attendance, late on rent, lied about $100,000 in upgrades for "scoreboards and suites," lied about one specific person he directly told the City he's NEVER hire (who called the City leaders "rude and underhanded" on ashevillearena.com), and did, allowed his G.M. to slander me on the radio (and was proven wrong by the way), etc.

Only when the SPHL finally got rid of him has my position about them changed.

I'm sick and damn tired of people being rewarded for screwing others over.

IF (I know it's a big IF) we ever get a new venue I'd rather have NO indoor football than have the AIFA there.

Now go ahead and flame away. I'll be at these Civic Center Commission meetings with specific knowledge reminding the City how they screwed us over last time, and you won't.

Yes, I'm that angry. I'm sick of these "characters" being allowed to stay involved in minor league sports when myself and friends of mine get screwed over.

And I'd suggest they not underestimate how determined I am to make sure they never come back.
Last edited by SignGuyDino on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:08 pm

I wish more people would take this stance against entities that don't have the best intentions in mind.

That said - I would venture to guess that if Haines is involved with the AIFA (I don't think he is), his role is beyond minimal because he's busy with his little hockey league up here.
What are you doing here?

jimbo32712
Site Admin

some stuff

Post by jimbo32712 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:14 am

I was reading above about Daytona. I had heard from a friend who had worked for them that he/she was offered a company car , a laptop, a decent salary to do work for them. I am not saying what as i do not want to identify this person for their own privacy. None of these promised were ever delivered on however. Also i heard that the dance team was not being paid.
On a different note I have heard there will be no Osceola team in any league next year. Whether that is new news or not i have no clue

Return to “WIFL”