Expansion News

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:48 pm

Don't act like JT, Joe, and it will be impossible for me to make such comments (though I must admit there's quite a bit of Jerry Hewitt in the board moderation skills, too).

I will say, though, it's hard for that to be a revenge posting when it was made before I realized I had been suspended.

I don't wish anyone ill will, contrary to what you want the dozen AIFA fans that frequent your board to think. I want everyone to succeed. Sadly, I do not see everyone doing anything close to what it takes to get that done!

Like I said in the AIFA board Joe...I don't agree with a lot of the stunts you pull, but you are a great fan of this great game. You deserve better than what you're getting with the AIFA.

That holds true for just about everyone. Fans deserve the best they can get, and they're not getting it. That's why I'm sickened by the state of the game. It's a great game, and I worry that a lot of its greatness has been pissed away because of extremely shoddy management and too many people that don't care about the fans, players, coaches, and sponsors, that make it such a great game.

I've done what I can to make it a better game, but it does sadden me that such help isn't wanted by anyone. That's how it goes, and that's why I suppose it's most sensible for me to move on. This is a great game. But unfortunately, I don't know if the UIF, WIFL, or IFL can move fast enough to make sure it stays one up here.

And Joe...I am greatly appreciative that I recieved an offer from the AIFA. It wasn't anything remotely close to what I was told they were considering (a tryout needs to include everything that needs to be done; just writing press releases helps no one.), but it was an offer, and I appreciate it. I wish the league were interested in having someone do things the way they're supposed to be done, but they just wanted someone to write press releases. You see, a tryout makes sense. Of course, you want to know if someone is going to fit in the atmosphere. But it's awfully hard to see how good a quarterback's going to do when all his tryout includes is holding for a kicker without even having to take the long snaps.
Last edited by exit322 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
What are you doing here?

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:10 am

....And how 'bout those Titans! ...and the WIFL!!!
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:31 am

Tallahassee is a WIFL contender if they keep most of their roster.
What are you doing here?

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:56 pm

Absolutely. They proved themselves to be a solid team this season, if that continues, they'll contend for the WIB II title.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

TitanDrew
Site Admin

Post by TitanDrew » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:39 am

[quote=""gonzo13""]Absolutely. They proved themselves to be a solid team this season, if that continues, they'll contend for the WIB II title.[/quote]

On behalf of the Titans, let me just say that we look forward to playing for the WIB II title. Hopefully, the team will become financially stable soon, and then we can all focus on bringing a championship to Tallahassee.

GO TITANS!

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:50 am

[quote=""TitanDrew""]Hopefully, the team will become financially stable soon, and then we can all focus on bringing a championship to Tallahassee.[/quote]

So the WIFL let a team join the league that's not financially stable? Hmm, that's interesting. I just assumed that financial stability was one of the WIFL's requirements for joining the league.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:44 pm

No, I'm pretty sure the team's financially stable. That's not public yet, though, and that's concerning.
What are you doing here?

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:55 pm

[quote=""phydeaux72""]So the WIFL let a team join the league that's not financially stable? Hmm, that's interesting. I just assumed that financial stability was one of the WIFL's requirements for joining the league.[/quote]

Directly from the league press release:
“We’re pleased to add a team with some experience behind it,” Tufford said. “We know all about some of the challenges the Titans had in their season – just like any other start-up business – and pledge to aid them in their efforts for a productive year two. We will be looking to add ownership partners to the Titans immediately in order to assist majority owner David Morris in the day to day operations. The WIFL mandates local ownership for its clubs. It makes perfect business sense to have localized business people operating a business that is predicated on community support.”
The WIFL is in serious negotiations with other existing teams as well as new ownership groups for new markets for its second season in 2008.
I'm pretty sure the same plan was put in place here in Columbus. It worked out pretty well.

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:25 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]So the WIFL let a team join the league that's not financially stable? Hmm, that's interesting. I just assumed that financial stability was one of the WIFL's requirements for joining the league.[/quote] Now, Now, Dont come over here from your DITTMAN owned league and start throwing stones, Word has it, and from very good source that you had some major money problems there in KATY. And according to the paper there was a probability that you were coming back. Doesn't sound so sure. And if Gary and the rest of the crew can go in and do things the way they did in that league, the Titans will be a success there, just mismanaged in their first yr. You had those issue's didn't you? How many people did you have in the stands on mothers day or the day before? 300 or a little less than that. If Diitmans ego wasn't so big he would make yhe IFL a western part of the WIFL. Should I air any more dirty laundry from this past year, regarding some other teams in your league. Every body in the WIFL got paid and on time. No one went to jail from this league either. :cool:

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:20 pm

Chardale, just having observed all this mess over the years, I have an observation:

Be careful what you ask for.

I've received the impression that indoor football leagues with more than 10 teams are doomed to be wracked by egos. The stability of even the WIFL depends more on selectivity... and perhaps regionality. Trying to toy with Katy and Erie and the like may not be the place to go for your league.

Return to “WIFL”