Expansion News

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Post by IndoorExpert » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:52 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Chardale, just having observed all this mess over the years, I have an observation:

Be careful what you ask for.

I've received the impression that indoor football leagues with more than 10 teams are doomed to be wracked by egos. The stability of even the WIFL depends more on selectivity... and perhaps regionality. Trying to toy with Katy and Erie and the like may not be the place to go for your league.[/quote]

You have some very accurate points. Regionality is key to the success of all indoor football leagues. Travel costs and workers compensation tend to close more operations then any other reasons. It looks like the WIFL could be this years biggest winners going into the season. They should be real careful who they allow in, and keep expansion slow. They have a good thing going, but the past definitely concludes that over expansion leads to major problems.

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:20 am

[quote=""Pounder""]Chardale, just having observed all this mess over the years, I have an observation:

Be careful what you ask for.

I've received the impression that indoor football leagues with more than 10 teams are doomed to be wracked by egos. The stability of even the WIFL depends more on selectivity... and perhaps regionality. Trying to toy with Katy and Erie and the like may not be the place to go for your league.[/quote] And your right, league's with more than 10 teams usually are doomed, but if you look at what the WIFL teams did this year. Payroll escrowed with the league office, and so on. Hell they even had to have compliance regarding uniforms, the only other league to REALLY address issue's like this was the ARENA and A2 league's. And ego's, pounder, you have been around for a long time and you have heard how DITTMAN is. Looks like chicken SH&*^TR, smells like chicken G^TEG, must be chicken ^FJKS*. Just didnt like the way the Katy RUFF RIDERS owner was trying to be smitten. After all HE and father are putting a team BACK in EL Paso. Had problems this year owning 1 team, what about 2. Look what happened when any league allowed 1 owner to own 2 team's. NIFL with Tony P, and CIFL with Ramone D. HUGE failure and the league did nothing to help them cause they made thier bed so they had to sleep in it. But I DO Love ya andd all the great point's you make. I want to know what happened in the CIFL with the E-Mail that was sent out to all the owners from you know who.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:02 am

Not a whole lot as this point, just tried to open some eyes...

It appears right now that most of them liked it better with their eyes closed though.

IndoorExpert
Site Admin

Post by IndoorExpert » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:50 pm

[quote=""Tatonka""]Not a whole lot as this point, just tried to open some eyes...

It appears right now that most of them liked it better with their eyes closed though.[/quote]

What was some of the main points of the email?

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Tatonka, what was all the hubub about?

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:23 pm

"Here's where your money's going" - mostly personal expenses and takeout, combined with "here's where your money should be going."

There's a reason all four WIFL teams had markedly better attendance, and attendance that rose through the season this year.

That's just about it.
What are you doing here?

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:09 pm

May I ask, was any of it going to the POCKETS of the LEAGUE owners for say housing? Was any one of them Driving a new SUV this past yr. Might be, after Milwaukee pays thier $35,000.00 to enter the league.

jeffspitaleri
Site Admin

Post by jeffspitaleri » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:56 pm

I am going against what I believe when it comes to posting on message boards, other than the CIFL board. However, I was notified about this topic, on the WIFL board for goodness sakes.

Anyways, it is easy to point fingers at someone that was suckered in to believing trust, etc. and allowing themselves to be vulnerable which allowed for what happened. What gets me the most is that the things that we got attacked for are things that benefitted them while they were with us. If me taking people that are helping me to lunch or ordering a pizza or something is wrong, then I am guilty. I did those things because they were helping out, or at least here, and I believed it was the right thing to do.

As far as bringing Eric into yet another thread...the vehicle that you seem to know so much about was not purchased by the league or myself, Eric or Cory, it was purchased by Eric's soon to be ex wife, not Eric.

And to answer the question about living expenses, out of my meager $1,000 per month pay that I get, yes it paid my living expense as it does every month. It is called having a job that I work 60+ hours a week and being compensated very little, but it is also called not being stupid.

Any other questions about finances, email me at jspitaleri@continentalindoorfootball.com, I will be more than happy to talk with you about non-message board material...ahh, that is right, email reveals identity, so that won't be coming, even though I know who you are already just by your actions on this board and I have already called you on your BS on this board once, and that is inside to you.
Last edited by jeffspitaleri on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:53 pm

[quote=""jeffspitaleri""]I am going against what I believe when it comes to posting on message boards, other than the CIFL board. However, I was notified about this topic, on the WIFL board for goodness sakes.

Anyways, it is easy to point fingers at someone that was suckered in to believing trust, etc. and allowing themselves to be vulnerable which allowed for what happened. What gets me the most is that the things that we got attacked for are things that benefitted them while they were with us. If me taking people that are helping me to lunch or ordering a pizza or something is wrong, then I am guilty. I did those things because they were helping out, or at least here, and I believed it was the right thing to do.

As far as bringing Eric into yet another thread...the vehicle that you seem to know so much about was not purchased by the league or myself, Eric or Cory, it was purchased by Eric's soon to be ex wife, not Eric.

And to answer the question about living expenses, out of my meager $1,000 per month pay that I get, yes it paid my living expense as it does every month. It is called having a job that I work 60+ hours a week and being compensated very little, but it is also called not being stupid.

Any other questions about finances, email me at jspitaleri@continentalindoorfootball.com, I will be more than happy to talk with you about non-message board material...ahh, that is right, email reveals identity, so that won't be coming, even though I know who you are already just by your actions on this board and I have already called you on your BS on this board once, and that is inside to you.[/quote]

Sockpuppetry is frowned upon and destroys credibility.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

daytonadan
Site Admin

Uh, guys, this is the WIFL area on OSC

Post by daytonadan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:13 am

As entertaining as this has been, can you guys take this over to your side of the cyberstreet in the CIFL forum? Much obliged.

As far as using league funds for take-out -- if the office is based in Canton, then they should have no problem finding a good Cantoneese place. BWAH HA HA HA HA ... I KEED I KEED.

Silly season ain't silly, folks. I gotta go out and start a war or two. Hey, Jeff-ola, give that little pr pup of yours a pat on the head for me. I'm outta here.

Return to “WIFL”