The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
gonzo13
Site Admin

2007 Regular season Highlights

Post by gonzo13 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:14 pm

http://http://wifl.us/features/550/2007_regular_season_highlights

2007 REGULAR SEASON HIGHLIGHTS
2007-07-15 13:19:08

With the completion of its regular season June 16, The World Indoor Football League became the first of the active indoor football leagues to complete an inaugural season without cancelled games, forfeits, the use of travel teams or replacement teams.

The creation of a playoff game between the second place and third place team meant that only two of 28 regular season games had no meaning on the post-season.

Balanced quality of teams produced a high quality of play – 12 games were decided by a touchdown or less.

Augusta Spartans wide receiver Marvin Stone and Columbus Lions running back Eugene Goodman’s statistics were the best among the active indoor football leagues.

Daytona Beach’s Bo Bartik became just the fourth player in professional football during the past 37 years to kick a field goal and throw a touchdown pass in the same game.
Arena Football League legend Barry Wagner finished his 15-year playing career with the Orlando Predators after playing nine game with Daytona Beach. The “Ironman” recorded his 1,000th regular season reception during a May game, putting him alongside NFL greats Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Tim Brown and Marvin Harrison along with Terry Vaughn of the Canadian Football League to reach that level.

Several NFL alumni including Greg Jefferson (New England Patriots) and TJ Watkins (Buffalo Bills) saw action in the league this season.

The Augusta Spartans helped launch a youth indoor football league featuring four teams playing on the James Brown Arena field prior to home game. Plans are to expand the league for different age groups in 2008
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

Return to “WIFL”