SEIFL in 2008

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
indoor fan
Site Admin

SEIFL in 2008

Post by indoor fan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:41 pm

So will the Southeastern Indoor Football League (WIFL) have any teams west of the Mississippi River, north of the Mason Dixon line or around the "world" next season? Or will the "World" league still be located in the SE section of the US?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:59 pm

What's your interest in continually taking shots at the WIFL?

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:14 pm

Nobody complained with the CIFL name change from Great Lakes Indoor Football League. Why? They knew they'd eventually expand.

Why should WIFL call themselves anything else first and then do a name change later? That costs money.

Let them expand 2 teams a year for 10 years if they want. It's their league. They'll expand outside the south on their own time. Overexpand now and they'll get crippled.

Not many other leagues below AFL/af2 can say they started and finished every single game this year. I didn't think they could pull it off with only 4 teams and I was wrong. Even with a player dying on the field they mostly recovered from that.

We should support EVERY legit league.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:03 pm

[quote=""preeths""]What's your interest in continually taking shots at the WIFL?[/quote]

A league should not call itself the "World" league when it's located in a very small geographic location, with only four teams.

A league with only four teams is not a league, it's an exhibition (ref: SFL 2000)

What we can only take shots at the NIFL?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Just noticed your odd propensity to try to make some kind of sense out of the NIFL's postseason while throwing lobs at the WIFL. The SFL did its own thing in 2000. The WIFL, whether you like the name or not, just completed its first regular season.

I agree with the message above yours. We should support EVERY legit league.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Indoor Fan

Post by gonzo13 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:55 pm

The name of a league, and the number of teams....

Are those are the only gripes you have with the World Indoor Football League?

With all the thieves, pimps, and conmen that run other indoor football leagues/teams, you want to take shots at the World Indoor Football League?

Obviously the name nor number of teams weren't a real drawback for the World Indoor Football League this season. All of the players were paid, all of the teams made it through the season, and all of the games were played, including the World Indoor Bowl Championship.

There were webcasts, live scoring updates on the league and team websites for every game, the stats were always current.

Everything that was promised before the season happened.

We all know why people take jabs at the NIFL, and it's not the number of teams or the name of the league.

Now do you have a real problem with the World Indoor Football League, or did it just look like an easy target for an NIFL supporter?
Last edited by gonzo13 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:07 am

Having been a fan of the Lions, I can tell you this was no "exhibition". I doubt you have even seen a game. You want to know what an exhibition is, see an NIFL game. Most of those games involve one real team taking on a semi-pro team and beating them by 60 or 70, and there isn't even going to be a legitimate championship! How can you call that steaming pile of you-know-what a league, and say that the WIFL is just an "exhibition"?

By the way, the AFL in it's first season only had four teams, so your "4 teams=exhibition" argument can be thrown out.

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:34 am

So, I guess the SEIFL (WIFL) eventually plans to expand around the world. Looking forward to the Germany vs Brazil game in 2009.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:44 am

You're out of gas.

You have one argument, and it's a pretty lame one.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:46 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]So, I guess the SEIFL (WIFL) eventually plans to expand around the world. Looking forward to the Germany vs Brazil game in 2009.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Shiver is the only person that thinks that would be a good idea.

I have a better question: how come it is called the National Indoor Football League when all of it's teams except two are located in Cleveland Gary's imagination? Shouldn't it be the Imaginary Indoor Football League then?

Return to “WIFL”