SEIFL in 2008

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:08 am

[quote=""tony-o""]I'm pretty sure Shiver is the only person that thinks that would be a good idea.

I have a better question: how come it is called the National Indoor Football League when all of it's teams except two are located in Cleveland Gary's imagination? Shouldn't it be the Imaginary Indoor Football League then?[/quote]

Uh, because the NIFL teams span from North Carolina to California to Texas and other areas across the nation.

I think you need to re-enroll at your local community college and retake the remedial geography class you dropped.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:23 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]So, I guess the SEIFL (WIFL) eventually plans to expand around the world. Looking forward to the Germany vs Brazil game in 2009.[/quote]

I am guessing by this arguement that you have a problem with Major League Baseball as well, since it calls it's championship "The WORLD Series"
As far as I know there are only teams from the US and 1 Canadian team in the league. :eek:

Is the Intense Football League "Intense" enough or should they change their name? :rolleyes:

Does the Continential Indoor Football League have team across the entire continent ? Don't think so. What should their name be??? :confused:

The AIFA doesn't have teams across America.

The UIF doesn't even have "League" in it's title...maybe they aren't a legit league either. ;)

And

What number of teams makes the league legit in your mind??? Give us a number.
6 ? What if two of those teams are crap and don't finish the season and have to be filled in for by semi-pro teams. Is the league still legit because it started with 6 teams???

grimreaper
Site Admin

Post by grimreaper » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:25 am

You mean the imaginary teams in California like San Bernardino and Pomona?..How about the San Antonio Steers, oh wait...never mind. Not real teams at all.
I believe the NIFL needed to go back to college a long time ago... Call it what they will, they started and finished. I don't believe it matters what they call themselves to be honest.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:25 am

[quote=""indoor fan""]Uh, because the NIFL teams span from North Carolina to California to Texas and other areas across the nation.
I think you need to re-enroll at your local community college and retake the remedial geography class you dropped.[/quote]

The current NIFL is two teams — San Diego and whoever San Diego plays in the Indoor Bowl. Two teams we know of have escaped — Fayetteville and Wyoming. The rest are dead or moving out of the league.
Sorry dude, stop drinking the CG-CS kool aid. The NIFL is over. It is finished. Lights out. Any shell company with vaporware teams for next year under any name CG comes up with is doomed, doomed, doomed.
Does the WIFL have a chance in the long run, who knows. Under normal circumstances, minor league sports short of affiliated baseball, is a big, big risk, but sham leagues only drag every one else down, burning every market in their wake.
Why do you think the NIFL tried horse barns (and even failed with them), because no arena manager worth his salt would let an NIFL team in.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:27 am

If they have so many teams across the country, why don't they just have a playoff to decide who the champion is.

They could name an all league team,a league MVP, and coach of the year.

They could have festivities all week leading up to the Championship game, fan appreciation night, a meet and greet at Thursday practice, and a golf tournament.

The NIFL PR department could issue press releases every day so their fans nation wide could keep up with the championship week activities.

Oh wait....those are things that the WIFL did this year.

It's not about having at on of teams, especially when most of them are phantoms anyway, it's about having your stuff together and putting on a good season for everyone involved.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Hmmph

Post by daytonadan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:13 am

All the brain cells wasted in the discussion could have been used to find a cure for cancer or a reasonable exit strategy for Iraq.

Gonzo and friends, you don't need to waste any more time here.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:26 pm

Both have been solved.

More cowbell.

Nobody believes this though....

daytonadan
Site Admin

More Cowbell

Post by daytonadan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:30 pm

I got a fever and the only cure is ...

indoor fan
Site Admin

Post by indoor fan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:31 pm

I thought this was the WIFL board? Is there nothing interesting to talk about here.

4 teams does not a league make. Ask Paul about the SFL in 2000.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:25 pm

If 4 teams doesn't make a league, how does one team do it? No one took the APFL seriously in 2003, and they played all their scheduled games. The NIFL couldn't even dream of that.
What are you doing here?

Return to “WIFL”