Eastern NIFL defectors should join WIFL

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
gonzo13
Site Admin

Eastern NIFL defectors should join WIFL

Post by gonzo13 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:00 am

The eastern teams that have bolted from the NIFL should join the WIFL....NOW!

This would be great for both the WIFL and the "Real" teams from the NIFL.

Fayetteville, Atlanta, Columbia, Greensboro on condition that Pewonski sell his interest.

I know Atlanta doesn't really have a place to play, but the Gwinnett Center is just up the road would probably be the best arena in indoor football. The Georgia Force used to play there until they just outgrew it.

This would also double the size of the league, and give a little more meaning to winning the championship this season. Both for the teams in "a four team league" and the teams from the NIFL who would be crowned "team that beat the most semi-pro teams."
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed May 09, 2007 1:31 am

Teams joining now and playing now would be a very NIFL move and would reflect badly on the WIFL. If those teams want to bolt the NIFL and apply for the 08 WIFL season, all power to them. But re-working the schedule of 8 teams right now wouldn't work out too well. Although, they could continue to play amongst eachother (sort of like intradivisional play) and then have the winner of the "divisions" play in the championship.
Last edited by Geoff on Wed May 09, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:39 am

[quote=""Geoff""]... Although, they could continue to play amongst eachother (sort of like intradivisional play) and then have the winner of the "divisions" play in the championship.[/quote]

Lightbulb came on at the end there didn't it? ;)

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed May 09, 2007 3:05 pm

Yeah. Had a lot of dust on it, too.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:14 am

That would actually be a great way to have them join immediately. The only problem would be Atlant's lack of venue. But like I said at the top of this thread, The Gwinnett center is just north of Atlanta and would be perfect, at least for the short term.
Last edited by gonzo13 on Thu May 10, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Thu May 10, 2007 11:40 pm

Probably too expensive for them to just plop down in the middle of the season. Also, it wouldn't get much fan turn out. It's a beautiful arena and I wouldn't mind catching a football game there. It was a great atmosphere when I was there for a hockey game.

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Thu May 31, 2007 4:29 pm

Well maybe Fayetteville ownership will put their heads out and join a real league that doesn't have all the BS like the NIFL. I would have figured they would have made the move for the 07 season but surely they will play in a new league next year
GO FORCE and ICE

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu May 31, 2007 4:57 pm

[quote=""#1 Guard Fan""]Well maybe Fayetteville ownership will put their heads out and join a real league that doesn't have all the BS like the NIFL. I would have figured they would have made the move for the 07 season but surely they will play in a new league next year[/quote]
Yes, King has already said they would.

Other teams confirmed to leave are The Marshals, Columbia, Atlanta, and Fort Myers.

San Diego is also trying to leave as well...Now if we can only get Wyoming to get out!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Knightmare24
Site Admin

Post by Knightmare24 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:11 pm

Hey wierdo, check the record, the guard played all real team that you want to come to the WIFL. We didnt play a semi-pro team non this year. CLICK CLACK
"Leave no DOUBT!!" GUARD way of life

Knightmare24
Site Admin

Post by Knightmare24 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:14 pm

P.S. ask the Ghostriders what their all time record agianst the Guard.
"Leave no DOUBT!!" GUARD way of life

Return to “WIFL”