Big 32 was right, Harry is a fraud

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
Raleigh Fan1
Site Admin

Big 32 was right, Harry is a fraud

Post by Raleigh Fan1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:30 pm

and i guess he always will be a fly by night kind of guy! All the promises last year to help our team (he got us through the season and i'm thankful for that) and i'm dedicated to this and that was all a lie after all. He gave the oh i love this area and intend to stay around awhile and buld this to a winning team and provide a top notch run program that this area deserves and to the sponsors please stick by us we will do you right. Whatever, it was all a lie and again the Raleigh area is without indoor football. Harry, David thanks for nothing but empty promises. BIG 32 I regret to say but i will! You were right on!

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:13 pm

[quote=""Raleigh Fan1""]and i guess he always will be a fly by night kind of guy! All the promises last year to help our team (he got us through the season and i'm thankful for that) and i'm dedicated to this and that was all a lie after all. He gave the oh i love this area and intend to stay around awhile and buld this to a winning team and provide a top notch run program that this area deserves and to the sponsors please stick by us we will do you right. Whatever, it was all a lie and again the Raleigh area is without indoor football. Harry, David thanks for nothing but empty promises. BIG 32 I regret to say but i will! You were right on![/quote]
Lets face it, you appear to be one ungratful son of a B on this one. Without Harry Pierce and his pocket book, your team would have folded, most likely causing the AIFL to fold due to the number of traveling teams that would have existed and other teams folding at the same time.

Let me ask you a question, how did YOU help contribute to the success of YOUR team? How many sponsors did you bring in? How many season tickets did you sell?

I'd say $1,500,000 is enough reasons to fold your team and if you dont think its enough, you cut the check and buy the team. Put your money where your mouth is. Never have I heard any accusation of Harry Pierce not paying people that worked for him, not paying the bills, bouncing checks, and never, has he not put everything in to make a top notch operation.
Last edited by BarbaraPatterson on Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

big32
Site Admin

You must be a Harry do boy!!!

Post by big32 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:41 pm

Harry is a joke and all the players on the rebels team will say the same. They all worked hard to keep the team afloat.... He came in with is chest showing acting like he was God... Telling everyone that owning a Indoor football team is for BIG RICH BOYS.. Blow your horn Harry.Guess you were not rich enough.
YOUR A JOKE... STAY OUT OF RALEIGH!!!!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:55 pm

I agree with BP. You got what you asked for and Pierce is gone. You should be happy, but instead you just shovel more of your mindless garbage at us. Pierce lost a lot of money in Rome and Raleigh, and he has the class to continue business operations until all loose ends are tied up. You skewer him for that. You should be ashamed.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:00 pm

And... is it more ethical to fold your team in OCTOBER? ... or wait until just before or after the season starts.

eagle1
Site Admin

Post by eagle1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:06 pm

Another perspective though, fold them after you have convinced other teams to leave their previous league to now join a league with only 4 teams.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:12 pm

Those teams are all better off for having tried and failed than have stuck with the leagues they were in before. Integrity to the fans and to the sport itself are what led them to leave, and I'm sure Mr. Pierce had every intention to give it a go until he came to the realization that The Forum wasn't going to be replaced anytime soon. Why not relocate the Renegades, I do not know, but to flame him for saving the rest of Raleigh's '06 season and giving you hope for an '07 one is insane.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:15 pm

[quote=""eagle1""]Another perspective though, fold them after you have convinced other teams to leave their previous league to now join a league with only 4 teams.[/quote]

This is the one part that bothers me: the timing. You can't blame the guy for not wanting to burn another wad of cash this season. He lost a ton of money on Rome alone, and Raleigh was shaping up to be no different. But nothing substantive about either situation was going to change in the offseason. The arena in Rome wasn't getting any bigger, and it was going to be a battle to get any attention in Raleigh. Losing money seems to have been the course he was committed to, and the other WIFL organizations made their decisions to leave the AIFL based on his commitment to fund those teams anyway. Now they're left with a mini-league. I'm more optimistic than many others about their ability to pull off a four-team league, but had they known Pierce would drop out, they may have chosen to try to change the AIFL from the inside rather than leaving.

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:20 pm

[quote=""eagle1""]Another perspective though, fold them after you have convinced other teams to leave their previous league to now join a league with only 4 teams.[/quote]
Now that argument might hold water. While things move quick in this industry, you have to wonder how long ago they were thinking of dumping the teams. If it was before the WIFL I'd be upset if I was another team owner in the WIFL, but as a fan, you cant criticize what Mr Pierce has done for the industry, the players, and the fans.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:00 pm

BP asked how long ago they were thinking of dumping the teams....For the last 8-10 days (including yesterday) there has been an ad running in the Rome News-Tribune for an upcoming tryout on the 28th of this month. The press release was not in yesterdays RN-T, it was on the website yesterday evening. Bases on that I'd have to say the decision was made final sometime yesterday afternoon. And from the impression that I get it was only after last ditch efforts to get a new arena on this SPLOST in November. That would have made a new arena possible in as alittle as 2 years, but now it would be 5-10 before it would be possible. 2 years may have been worth waiting on, but 10 years and somewhere around 10 mil in losses is more than Stienbrenner would be willing to burn.
Harry wasn't just trying to push an arena for the Renegades, his idea was a multi-sport complex. A place for the Renegades, our WBA Gladiators, maybe a hockey teams, who knows what else. Cedartown 20 miles south of Rome has about half the population, but they have a much better complex that stays booked up while the Forum collects dust. But we have a local government that refuses to see the big picture, so instead of having that multi-purpose arena with sporting and entertainment events coming out your ears, we're stuck with our same old NO-PURPOSE one that isn't fit for a worm wrestle.

Return to “WIFL”