Big 32 was right, Harry is a fraud

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
Raleigh Fan1
Site Admin

Post by Raleigh Fan1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:31 pm

[quote=""BarbaraPatterson""]Lets face it, you appear to be one ungratful son of a B on this one. Without Harry Pierce and his pocket book, your team would have folded, most likely causing the AIFL to fold due to the number of traveling teams that would have existed and other teams folding at the same time.

Let me ask you a question, how did YOU help contribute to the success of YOUR team? How many sponsors did you bring in? How many season tickets did you sell?

I'd say $1,500,000 is enough reasons to fold your team and if you dont think its enough, you cut the check and buy the team. Put your money where your mouth is. Never have I heard any accusation of Harry Pierce not paying people that worked for him, not paying the bills, bouncing checks, and never, has he not put everything in to make a top notch operation.[/quote]

Read my post I stated that I was Greatful for him allowing and helping my team finish the year last year and atleast allowing me to watch my team go into the playoffs. I believe everyone is entitled to there opinion but before you blast me atleast you should see what I typed. I understand that Harry is a God to alot of you and i thought he was good for us as well, but empty promises & yes you can't say that isn't what it was as he never gave us a 2nd year to see whether or not it would work so who knows what would have happened this year. You can't base things on a team that was underfunded and had no publicity you picked up mid season, even with this we were still drawing better than Rome. yes as a buisnessman i see in theory why he did what he did but if his plan was to find local ownership this year maybe he should have disclosed this info earlier or even made this public knowledge. To address your statement on helping get sponsors i would of been more than willing to help but noone ever put out the call to try and get any sponsorships period!

big32
Site Admin

What a joke

Post by big32 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:42 pm

Harry is a showboat and we all know it.. All he cares about is what people think of him.. He needs to stay with selling his gloves... I tried to tell you he would not be in Raleigh long... His do boys just keep tagging along.. Just dont drink the cool aid...

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:38 pm

The good part of all of this is that you can now go away. No Harry in Raleigh. What more could you ask?

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:02 pm

[quote=""Raleigh Fan1""]Read my post I stated that I was Greatful for him allowing and helping my team finish the year last year and atleast allowing me to watch my team go into the playoffs. I believe everyone is entitled to there opinion but before you blast me atleast you should see what I typed. I understand that Harry is a God to alot of you and i thought he was good for us as well, but empty promises & yes you can't say that isn't what it was as he never gave us a 2nd year to see whether or not it would work so who knows what would have happened this year. You can't base things on a team that was underfunded and had no publicity you picked up mid season, even with this we were still drawing better than Rome. yes as a buisnessman i see in theory why he did what he did but if his plan was to find local ownership this year maybe he should have disclosed this info earlier or even made this public knowledge. To address your statement on helping get sponsors i would of been more than willing to help but noone ever put out the call to try and get any sponsorships period![/quote]
I read every bit of what you said, but lets start out by stating what you said.

HARRY PIERCE IS A FRAUD!!.

I dont care how much other credit you give him after that, calling someone a fraud, for making a business decision to shut down a team losing hundreds of thousands a year, after saving the teams, and leagues he belongs to, is one of the stupidest remarks I've seen on any message board.

That would be like me saying that you were smart, then sighting 500 reasons that you were dumb.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:12 am

Worm wrestling, is that a southern thing? Kind of like 2 brothers fighting over who is going to $%#&@(& their first cousin or sister.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Saw this on the news

Post by daytonadan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:27 pm

In a related story, doctors and researchers at John Hopkins today concluded their study of the vertebrae and optical nerves of Big32. They are amazed that someone can see and walk with their head .... Buzz, Crackle, Static

jack b
Site Admin

question

Post by jack b » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:34 am

who owns or profits from the forum? i recently was told by the person who manages it brent poplar that all things are negotiable? well how can anybody make anything when the forum gets all money from concessions, a percentage of alcohol and puts stipplulations on your ticket sales . plus you are already paying them rental fees close to 3000 a game and then you have to pay someone else to let you pratice becouse they expect you to pay for that too. if the city owns the forum than looks like you would want to keep something with a positive meaning to your tax payers and negotiate better terms so the teams would actually make something for there work. its not harry pierce whos the fraud its the forum management and city.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:07 am

Spoken like a true Roman Jack.....I take it you've lived here for some time now. :D

AllTheRage
Site Admin

That is Typical

Post by AllTheRage » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:28 am

[quote=""jack b""]who owns or profits from the forum? i recently was told by the person who manages it brent poplar that all things are negotiable? well how can anybody make anything when the forum gets all money from concessions, a percentage of alcohol and puts stipplulations on your ticket sales . plus you are already paying them rental fees close to 3000 a game and then you have to pay someone else to let you pratice becouse they expect you to pay for that too. if the city owns the forum than looks like you would want to keep something with a positive meaning to your tax payers and negotiate better terms so the teams would actually make something for there work. its not harry pierce whos the fraud its the forum management and city.[/quote]

Our venue is owned by the County and we get no concessions, no parking, we have a surcharge on tickets. That is typical of indoor football.

We do have the luxury of getting some practices in the facility and office space because we have become the team in residence in our facility, but this is the first time that has happened in 6 years that the franchise has been around.

I will admit that the facilty we have is a lot better than what Rome has; I do mean a lot, but you will not find many venues where you will get much of those things you mentioned.

Those things are the things that make it profitable for the venues, as teams are not drawing enough crowds to pay for the operation of the facility.

dogman
Site Admin

Post by dogman » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:49 pm

[Those things are the things that make it profitable for the venues, as teams are not drawing enough crowds to pay for the operation of the facility.]

I don't know about St. Louis, but I know that the Forum charges a base rental fee, then adds on surcharges on every ticket sold, they charge for ticket sellers, for ushers for security. They got a slice of the beer sales which were controlled by Renegades, however 'Gades got NO slice of concessions and there was no charge for parking. The Renegades had NO CHANCE in the Forum and ownership group did not anticipate how little support they would get from the business community. I'm told by a well placed source that two of the larges corporations in Rome, one of the them nearly the largest in the world, refused to even listen to a pitch from the team for support. That had to be depressing !

Return to “WIFL”