CAn WIFL Capitalize on Turmoil in A and N

The World Indoor Football League (WIFL) forum
ugottabkidding
Site Admin

CAn WIFL Capitalize on Turmoil in A and N

Post by ugottabkidding » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:10 am

WIth the fiasco in Florence over the weekend, and the who knows what in MIami, it would seem to me that the WIFL would be a little more attractive to folks like Fayetteville, Lakeland and others southeastern franchises. However I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of rebeallion against several of the WIFL franchise owners. It seems like they are trying to do everuything right, but then it also seems like sopme odf these teams are trying get by on tiny budgets. I guess that the vast majority of indoor football teams are existing on a shoestring and if one string breaks, as they do often on my cheap shoes, then the team can come down like a deck of cards. It's such a shame because the sport is awesome !

eagle1
Site Admin

Response

Post by eagle1 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:56 pm

Before you make a sweeping statement, you might want to get your facts straight. Lakeland does not operate on a shoestring, nor does Montgomery, nor many of the other teams in the AIFA. Simply because the WIFL can't find anymore teams to include in their league is no reason to cast disparaging comments at other teams.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:10 pm

I'm sure the 'W' will run with what they have right now unless someone else that is willing and able to meet their requirements comes forward real soon.

eagle1
Site Admin

Response

Post by eagle1 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:13 pm

I'm sure they will, but no need to cast cloud on teams that he obviously has no clue about.

ugottabkidding
Site Admin

Hey Eagle1

Post by ugottabkidding » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:52 am

read the post again...

"the vast majority"

That's a direct quote. It does not say Lakeland. It does not say Montgomery.

The Lakeland franchise has been very successful from what is available to anyone outside Lakeland.

Messers Mink and Morris were able to rescue a Montgomery operation which OBVIOUSLY FIT WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO !

I think if you look down the roster of failed franchises you will see precisely what I am talking about and agree with me.

Why are many teams stayiong with what was originally Andrew Haines operation, he was giving away the ship ! I believe one of the old adages goes something like 'You get what you pay for'.

I better sign off before....

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:01 pm

[quote=""eagle1""]Before you make a sweeping statement, you might want to get your facts straight. Simply because the WIFL can't find anymore teams to include in their league is no reason to cast disparaging comments at other teams.[/quote]
Speaking of sweeping statements. It's not that the WIFL can't find anymore teams. It's that they're having a difficult time finding teams that fit the financial requirements of the league. But even so, 6 extremely stable franchises will be plenty for the first season.

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:35 pm

[quote=""gonzo13""]Speaking of sweeping statements. It's not that the WIFL can't find anymore teams. It's that they're having a difficult time finding teams that fit the financial requirements of the league. But even so, 6 extremely stable franchises will be plenty for the first season.[/quote]
I would much rather see a league with 5 or 6 financially stable teams playing each other 2-3 times, then see teams that cant afford to make payroll and find sponsors. One thing going for most of the teams in this league, is each others financial stability. Much easier to find sponsors for a team and league as a whole, if you can stress that you'll be around next year.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:15 pm

Familiarity breeds contempt. I know a few of our teams in the GLIFL this year had some pretty fun games late in the year because they weren't spending so much time feeling eachother out for a quarter or two.

The Revolution, not so much, though they gave a few teams a scare and a half. They'll be a lot better next year, too.
Last edited by exit322 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:28 pm

[quote=""exit322""]The Revolution, not so much, though they gave a few teams a scare and a half. They'll be a lot better next year, too.[/quote]

When you're an all-road team, ALL odds are against you. You literally have NO fans. I'm surprised that they're going to be back. Most road teams don't last more than one season. They must have a pretty solid ownership with money to throw away. It's good that they've found a home.

I like the GLIFL. They seem to have found a small market system that really works. Most, if not all, indoor leagues should take lessons from these guys.

Return to “WIFL”