WNBA Issues Statement Regarding Gilbert Arenas Comments

The Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) forum
Fran
Site Admin

WNBA Issues Statement Regarding Gilbert Arenas Comments

Post by Fran » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:33 am

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=5080847

The following statement is from league spokesman Mike Bass on behalf of the WNBA and NBA:

"Gilbert Arenas's comments are repugnant, utterly disrespectful and flat-out wrong. WNBA players are strong, talented and determined individuals who give it their all on the court and serve as inspiring role models to millions around the world. They should be celebrated for their accomplishments, not disparaged with ignorant insults."

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:07 am

The following statement is from league spokesman Mike Bass on behalf of the WNBA and NBA:

"And furthermore, Gilbert Arenas is ugly and his mama dresses him funny. Nyah!."

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:20 pm

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/12/18/gilber ... =si_social

Former NBA player Gilbert Arenas would not apologize Thursday when asked by TMZ Sports if he would for the misogynistic comments he made about WNBA players on Wednesday.

“I’m trying to figure out what I would be sorry about,” Arenas said. “So basically, all the ugly girls are mad. All the ugly ones want an apology for being ugly.”

Earlier this week, Arenas posted three photos on Instagram with captions complaining that WNBA players don’t wear skimpy outfits.

“Dont get me wrong, they have few #cutiepies but there’s a whole alotta #beanpies running around,” Arenas wrote in a caption of a video of two women playing sports in lingerie.

Return to “WNBA”