WNBA star Elena Delle Donne calls for lowering rims in women’s basketball to showcase

The Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) forum
Fran
Site Admin

WNBA star Elena Delle Donne calls for lowering rims in women’s basketball to showcase

Post by Fran » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:33 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/ ... 8ca8adcef2

Delle Donne recently spoke out about the sexism female athletes face, but she doesn’t see the rim alteration as a move that undermines the women’s league, instead believing it would raise the profile of the WNBA with better basketball on display.

“I think it would bring a whole different aspect to the game and bring viewership as well and show the athleticism of our women,” she said.

BruceB
Site Admin

Post by BruceB » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:55 pm

I nearly fell off my chair when I read that. One of the reasons there are people (men included) who like the WNBA and women's basketball in general is because it's less about throwing down dunks and more about fundamentals and ball movement.

Lowering the rim in WNBA games from 10 to 8 feet would be a bread-and-circuses approach in a basketball setting and it won't change what chauvinists think...if anything, it'll give them ammunition. The game is fine.

I like Elena Delle Donne but she should know better.

Return to “WNBA”