A Newbie's Guide to World TeamTennis

The World TeamTennis (WTT) forum
Fran
Site Admin

A Newbie's Guide to World TeamTennis

Post by Fran » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:48 pm

Here is my column on the first Philadelphia Freedoms World Team Tennis game I attended.

//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=5013966

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Nice article Fran. WTT existed in Cleveland in the mid-70's and I still miss it to this day. They used to tape delay some matches on the radio station that the Indians were on and often I'd find myself listening, way too late into the night.

While I've seen some TV coverage of WTT, it isn't covered nearly enough today. Probably the best coverage they got what in the late 80's when FNN/Score aired matches.

IMO - The concept of "team tennis" was a good one that just didn't catch on nationally.
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:30 pm

I have a history of being known as an alternative football guy. I am showing people that is not the case. I am planning to the five remaining Freedoms home games.

I can do a great job covering any sport I choose to do.

I will mostly likely do interviews since game recaps are so time sensitive. I am hoping the Freedoms will let me interview Billie Jean King.

It's an exciting product and glad they approved me for a press pass. OurSports Central is a legit site that I am proud to have worked for over 14 years!

Return to “WTT”