Site Admin

Thunder Player Trade ... 1-14

Post by PigOut » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:03 am

Thunder Website -
http://thunderprofastpitch.com/news/?id=9394

Rockford Adds 2010 Draft Pick in Trade

Thunder send Rendon-LaFountain to Force

December 9, 2008

ROCKFORD – The Thunder has traded infielder Audrey (Rendon) LaFountain to Philadelphia in exchange for the Force’s second round draft pick in 2010.

“Seeing Audrey go is definitely something that is difficult, but it’s also a move that we understand because of her situation,” said Moore. She has been a great player and person for us since becoming part of the team in 2007 and we wish her the best, both in her personal and professional life.”

LaFountain, a two-year NPF veteran, played in 34 games during the 2008 season for the Thunder, finishing with a .245 batting average. She collected 26 hits on the year and saw action primarily at third base and shortstop for Rockford.

In two seasons with the Thunder, the University of Louisville graduate batted .263 with 53 hits in 202 at-bats. The Pueblo, Colo. native has scored 20 runs in two seasons and has collected four doubles, three triples, 10 stolen bases and 16 runs batted in.

"I enjoyed my time in Rockford and the fans there are definitely some of the best, so that makes this very hard,” stated LaFountain. "But this was a decision I made with (JT) because of our recent marriage and I’m very thankful to both the Force and Thunder for making this happen.”
Bacon & Eggs ..... A days work for a Chicken; a life sentence for a Hog!

Return to “NPF”