mikeyratt
Site Admin

just remember

Post by mikeyratt » Thu May 10, 2007 8:36 pm

Saturdays game against Richmond is being played in Germantown, not Annapolis

leecpfc
Site Admin

Post by leecpfc » Sun May 20, 2007 12:19 pm

Saturday night's United Soccer Leagues Second Division match at Legion Stadium featured two teams in dire need of a first win.

Crystal Palace Baltimore attacked the Wilmington defense early and rode the effort to a 3-0 victory. The loss sends the Hammerheads to the bottom of the division standings with an 0-4-1 record as Baltimore left the cellar after its first victory.

"We didn't deserve to win," Hammerheads head coach David Irving said after the match. "That's as poor as we've played all year."

Trailing 2-0 in the 73rd minute, Wilmington was awarded a penalty kick, but Baltimore goalkeeper Brian dove to his right to stop the shot.

In extra time, Luke Ibbetson's shot, off Junior Zarate's corner kick, nailed the right post and bounded away. Crystal Palace cashed in immediately on the counter attack with a goal from Sean Rush for the final score.

"It's everything," Irving said. "It's a lack of confidence. It's difficult at the minute. They work hard, but sometimes working hard isn't quite good enough."

The Hammerheads managed two shots in the first half and struggled early to create chances inside the Baltimore box.

Irving was up and down around the bench, sometimes applauding and sometimes watching with frustration with elbows on his knees.

Crystal Palace (1-4-0) jumped ahead 1-0 in the 11th minute of play. A long ball was played down the middle and batted about briefly in the Hammerheads box before Sergio Flores found the net. Matthew Mbuta earned the assist.

By the start of the second half, the Hammerheads were not only looking for their first win of the season, but also their first rally.

It never developed, and Baltimore was able to extend its advantage to 2-0 off a corner kick in the 48th minute. Andrew Herman sent a ball across to the far post where Andrew Marshall finished the play.

"There's nothing going our way," Irving said. "But you've to keep making it happen and we're not making it happen. We were not at the races tonight for whatever reason."

Baltimore came into the match having scored one goal while allowing 10.

The Hammerheads will have little time to contemplate their fate, facing two road matches in the coming week. They will take on the Kings in Cincinnati on Thursday and will travel to Cleveland on Saturday.

so a first win for the crystal palace baltimore team!!
hey there, wanna come talk about english, and european soccer?? why not visit http://www.footballfrenzy.co.uk??

wmichsked
Site Admin

Looking for 2007 Crystal Palace Baltimore pocket schedules

Post by wmichsked » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 pm

Can anyone in the Baltimore area send me a few 2007 Crystal Palace FC pocket schedules and a magnet schedule (if they made one)? I sent a SASE to the team at the start of the season and even e-mailed them, but not a response to either one. Please PM me if you can help me out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

VitalPalace
Site Admin

Hi All

Post by VitalPalace » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:47 pm

I run a new english news and forum site For Crystal Palace FC and have now added a forum for Crystal PalaceUSA, not having too much knowledge on the American Soccer scene I thought I would take an in depth look,and have found myself, slowly becoming more and more addicted, I would like to spread USA soccer over to the English following and wondered if any of you would like to help, As I have said I have opened a forum for CPFCUSA and I could also widen it and make a whole section for American Soccer covering all aspecs, all I need is a few posters, Ideas & suggestions, and of course American input, and in time possibly one or more moderaters to look after the section, Please feel free to have a look at the site, also you can pm me with suggestions, or if you would like to get involved, just register, its free, Hope to hear from you soon, take care ..... :mrgreen: Pete
A new fans site for the Fans Vital Palace

spikeville
Site Admin

crystal palace baltimore

Post by spikeville » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Just wanted to remove that other stupid topic title and start a new one. I heard Crystal Palace was reopening, whoop whoop

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:25 pm

I just found the this forum. For those unaware, the Riverhounds defeated visiting CPB, 1-0, but the score is not indicticative of how tough your team played. The difference was our goalkeeper, Danny Waltman. But from what I saw, you have a better team than your record shows.

Return to “USL PRO”