California Victory

The USL First Division (USL-1) forum
grimreaper
Site Admin

California Victory

Post by grimreaper » Sat May 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Anyone gone to the CA Victory?... I was looking for merchandise, t-shirt, etc.....

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon May 07, 2007 7:20 pm

I will July 7. Of course, I'll be wearing the green of the Portland Timbers and cheering the road team on... probably with at least two dozen others of Timbers Army.

Give Victory credit: drawing Vancouver and beating Necaxa (friendly) doesn't hurt their rep.

wmichsked
Site Admin

California Victory

Post by wmichsked » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:14 pm

Can you get me a few 2007 California Victory pocket schedules? I can not get the team to send me any. Please let me know. Thanks.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 pm

I forgot about that... but there did not appear to be any pocket schedules.

The tickets were raffle tickets. This team just never had a promotional budget from what I saw.

According to rumors on a few boards, Victory players are suffering missed paychecks. It is confirmed that Dmitry Piterman has sold his majority stake in Deportivo Alaves (the club owns the Victory, apparently, not Piterman) to a gentleman who probably doesn't wish to keep the Victory around. Funds pretty much already dried up from the source, possibly just as the season started. Very few people think the Victory will live to see next season.

I'm not sure if the free beer nights in Miami are helping them out at all, BTW.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:09 pm

While the Victory have officially closed shop, it's not for lack of effort to revive them.

http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2007/12/1 ... francisco/

I think there's many lessons here for more than just soccer fans in this.

I think it's time for "the suits" to realize that this- any sport, really- isn't just any business.

I think it's even more important for FANS to let this soak in. Don't let business trample over you just for the sake of business. Organize OUTSIDE the structure of the organization, and you have far more power than you realize.

Return to “USL-1”