Nfle

The National Football League Europe (NFLE) forum
grimreaper
Site Admin

Nfle

Post by grimreaper » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:23 pm

Does anyone here follow NFLE........ if so will the Amsterdam Admirals repeat as champions or does any one care?

I myself hope that the Centurions win it this year.....

#1 Guard Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 Guard Fan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:00 am

I don't really follow the whole league just the players my ATL Falcons send over there each year

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:58 pm

I try and keep up. I watch as many games as I can.

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:51 am

I try to watch as many games as I can. However, in Canada basically we used to get one or two games a season. Now that the NFL Network is carrying the games, it appears we will get the majority of the season.

As far as will Amsterdam repeat, the makeup of the league is such that one year's team doesn't resemble the next year's team. So I can't say for sure that their the powerhouse club this season.

Personally, I hope Frankfurt wins, I've been a Frankfurt fan since the days of the WLAF when there were actually North American teams in the league.

In a slightly off-topic question, where does NFL Europe stand as far as the other non-NFL leagues are concerned? From what I've seen I would say that it ranks this way:

1. CFL
2. NFL Europe
3. AFL
4. af2
5. The other arena leagues

However, the gap between the AFL and NFL Europe is not big enough that in all certainty these rankings stand for good.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:02 pm

I'd say it's typically like this:
1 - CFL
2 - NFLEL/AFL
3 - af2/UIF/NIFL
4 - GLIFL/AIFL/IFL

There are a lot of players that never got a chance to try out for bigger teams and go to the indoor leagues and are on NFL rosters the next season. You can come from anywhere.

patriot
Site Admin

Post by patriot » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:29 am

Perhaps the best way to lump the leagues are those that the NFL have their hands on vs the free world of footbal.

CFL/NFLE/AFL/AF2/NIFL vs UIFA/GLIFL/AIFL

I say start making the NFLE EUROPEAN! Stop sending all the NFL cast offs over there and let Europeans play. That was the plan when it all started. Then the NFL smelled a dollar and are trying to milk it dry.

I say bring back my favorites, Barcelona. Expand to Italy and Poland like they had planned before it became NFLG. Hmmmm. American bases all over Germany and so are the teams. Must not be anything to that though since the NFL is all about promoting the sport, not just the dollar.

cylon555
Site Admin

Post by cylon555 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:16 am

I agree expand and let more natives play and i like the claymores and Dublin
needs a team maybe the EXPLOSION? :D

patriot
Site Admin

Post by patriot » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:09 pm

Now, now. They declared peace a few weeks ago. I do like it though.

Rome was another of the original sites that never was allowed to play.

11HP20
Site Admin

Post by 11HP20 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:58 pm

It's funny that this league was easier to follow as the WLAF than it is now. Even as the World League I saw more games. Cylon I have to agree. Bring back the Claymores. Their fans were great. They made watching a Claymore game all the more entertaining.
Life is funny, unless you're too stupid to get the joke.

hawk174md
Site Admin

Post by hawk174md » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:14 pm

[quote=""11HP20""]It's funny that this league was easier to follow as the WLAF than it is now. Even as the World League I saw more games. Cylon I have to agree. Bring back the Claymores. Their fans were great. They made watching a Claymore game all the more entertaining.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the Claymores are no more. The Hamburg Sea Devils was added to NFL Europe, along with the Cologne Centurions.
LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF TAMPA BAY STORM SINCE 1991

Return to “NFLE”