Nfle

The National Football League Europe (NFLE) forum
Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:38 pm

The question of "letting" NFLE be "European" is kind of interesting. Since most of the audience is American servicemen stationed in Germany, I wonder how that would play in Europe.

One thing for sure... the league could migrate to smaller stadia in the larger towns, because they won't need big stadia. That's not the worst thing, really, because the likely fans are more likely to appreciate a grass-roots approach. After all, the teams have mostly retrenched to Germany because of lack of fans elsewhere.

Actually, there is another thing going for Germany. Pointyball in England and Scotland wasn't going to steal fans from rugby... and there's already the battle between Rugby Union and Rugby League on the isles. Germans are often bigger and more athletic... so why hasn't rugby taken hold there? Germany has apparently never come close to qualifying for the rugby World Cup. I find that fascinating. After all, France loves their rugby, Italy has taken to it fairly well, and there's usually an Eastern European representative. I don't get it.

mrcool92501
Site Admin

oh its

Post by mrcool92501 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:42 am

nfl europa now

PolishX
Site Admin

Wlaf

Post by PolishX » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:24 pm

Man i use to watch the WLAF all the time. Even have a program from the innaugurial year of the San Antonio Riders

grimreaper
Site Admin

Post by grimreaper » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:53 am

Bring back the Sacramento Surge.....

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:22 am

[quote=""grimreaper""]Bring back the Sacramento Surge.....[/quote]

It won't happen. NFL Europa is slowly becoming NFL Germany. Besides the Sacramento Surge became the Gold Miners and had to move due to poor attendance. Best bet now is that one of the NFL teams move to Sacramento or the AAFL (if it ever gets off the ground) puts a team at Hornets' Field.

Return to “NFLE”