Atlanta United releases season ticket prices for 2017

The Major League Soccer (MLS) forum
Fran
Site Admin

Atlanta United releases season ticket prices for 2017

Post by Fran » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Are these reasonable
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/pro-spor ... r-2/nqJmp/

Atlanta United’s season-ticket prices will range from $20 per game to $225 per game and the process of going on sale will start next week for Founders’ Club members in the order they joined.

Atlanta United’s most expensive tickets can be found in the SunTrust Club section of Mercedes-Benz Stadium at midfield behind the team’s benches. The total cost for 18 home games is $4,050. The team, owned by Arthur Blank, will begin play in 2017.

The least expensive tickets will be sold in either the Supporter’s section behind a goal, or on the other end of the stadium behind the opposite goal, described as Goal on the season ticket pricing map released by team. The total cost for 18 home games in the least expensive sections is $360 per ticket.

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:28 pm

I live in metro Atlanta and would never pay these prices. I am also not a big soccer fan.

There has always seemed to be something to the whole Atlanta soccer situation here. The international games in Atlanta have drawn huge crowds and are very festive. They only play these games a few times a year and tickets (I think) are a bit cheaper.

The management has sold this team to the public as a high class, high price Football Club like you would think of in Europe. I just don't see the average Atlanta fan or family being able to attend many games. I also don't see many transplants adopting this team either. That was also a problem with the Thrashers. Fans from say Boston would only attend Thrashers games when they played the Bruins.

I don't think soccer has turned the corner to have the solid fan base it needs in Atlanta. Not to mention the stadium may not even be ready. They are HOPING to have it completed around the mid way point of the MLS season.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:33 am

The Timbers Army sections started out at $360 for MLS year 1, is priced at $420 this year (price set in August, when the Timbers were a dodgy team, as opposed to November & December when they stampeded to MLS Cup), and there's supposedly a waiting list of 11,000. Naturally, the stadium seats 21,000.

Atlanta United claims they have 30,000 pledges for season tickets with a year and change to go, & media are saying that, by the time the money is laid down in autumn, they're expecting 30,000 actual season tickets sold. Just note that we were rightfully skeptical several years ago when Seattle claimed 20,000 deposits the autumn before their first MLS season.

What Atlanta is charging, based on previous research, is average. That can be a problem in a bigger stadium. However, I suspect Atlanta can cover it... for now.
Last edited by Pounder on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Minor League Mania
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Mania » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Thrashers claimed to have a solid season ticket fan base as well. Could not get the average person out to a game though to fill the seats.

I am worried that everything in that stadium is going to be so overpriced. Things like the GHSA playoffs, Monster Truck, and other annual events.

I have no concern that college and pro football will sell out and do very well.

At this point I am not sure I can afford to even tour the place :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Minor League Mania on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MLS”