RGIII and Collin Kaepernick

The Canadian Football League (CFL) forum
FootbalFan
Site Admin

RGIII and Collin Kaepernick

Post by FootbalFan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:09 pm

The Ticats put Kaeppernick and RGIII on their negociation list.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/20/1 ... ation-list

Serious effort, dream wish or trade bait, looks like the Vince Young signing made some impact.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Both should go play especially if its determined that they would be the starter,you here a lot of garbage about not being a pocket QB well here's something Joe fan should know and understand.

The top tier quarterback in the nfl has 2.6 seconds to throw the ball Brady has on average 2.8 the best in the league Russell Wilson has on average in the past 2.9 3.0 and if you look real close in the super bowl once the hoodie yelled enough in the locker room at halftime Brady was once again given that 2.8 seconds to throw and the rest is history, he didn't have that in the first half and looked very much like the average quarterback he is when he can't stand and set his feet, make no mistake he's good but only as the line goes so goes he, remember what the Giants did to him with an 18-0 record and history on the line he had 2.3 seconds and looked average and they seem to never figure out the Giants were running a 4-2-5 defense.

I point this out to show that if the two above mentioned QB's have 2.8 to throw they are much better than what the talking heads would have you think, you see the game is much more than hype it has become.
Last edited by suge night on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FootbalFan
Site Admin

Post by FootbalFan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:55 pm

[quote=""suge night""]Both should go play especially if its determined that they would be the starter,you here a lot of garbage about not being a pocket QB well here's something Joe fan should know and understand.

The top tier quarterback in the nfl has 2.6 seconds to throw the ball Brady has on average 2.8 the best in the league Russell Wilson has on average in the past 2.9 3.0 and if you look real close in the super bowl once the hoodie yelled enough in the locker room at halftime Brady was once again given that 2.8 seconds to throw and the rest is history, he didn't have that in the first half and looked very much like the average quarterback he is when he can't stand and set his feet, make no mistake he's good but only as the line goes so goes he, remember what the Giants did to him with an 18-0 record and history on the line he had 2.3 seconds and looked average and they seem to never figure out the Giants were running a 4-2-5 defense.

I point this out to show that if the two above mentioned QB's have 2.8 to throw they are much better than what the talking heads would have you think, you see the game is much more than hype it has become.[/quote]

Very interesting points. So normally, you think those guys should have another shot in the NFL?

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Sure, in a league where a journeyman quarterback that is Ryan Fritzpat] was still considered a starter not to mention the journeyman the Jets just signed as his replacement and Nick Fol] was a starter based upon hype.

Look at the Texans last season did they really have a quarterback?

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 am

This is not earth-shattering.

CFL teams frequently place American quarterbacks with some potential and/or experience on their negotiating list. It does not mean either of those guys are likely to be playing three-down-ball anytime soon.

Vince Young had eff-all to do with it. CFL teams do it all the time.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

FootbalFan
Site Admin

Post by FootbalFan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:37 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]This is not earth-shattering.

CFL teams frequently place American quarterbacks with some potential and/or experience on their negotiating list. It does not mean either of those guys are likely to be playing three-down-ball anytime soon.

Vince Young had eff-all to do with it. CFL teams do it all the time.[/quote]

I agree most players on neg list will never cross the border. But to me, it's quite unusual that a CFL team puts such high regarded QBs on their neg list. I mean, what's the use putting names like that who will NEVER go North? This is where my Vince Young relation came from. Anyway, I don't expect too much success from Young in CFL. Lots to adjust to and where has he been since 6 years? Exactly.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Tebow was on Montreal's list, wasn't he?

FootbalFan
Site Admin

Post by FootbalFan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Tebow was on Montreal's list, wasn't he?[/quote]

He was like 6 years ago, but is off now. Looks like the Alouettes tried to talk with Kaepernick's agent, but honestly, the way this franchise went to the bottom, no big name will ever think going there with the actual football ops management. it's such a joke. Many of their fans fear they fold again.

Kaepernick might still be a good backup, but he seems like a paria in NFL now. Maybe redemption is coming.

fonzob1
Site Admin

Post by fonzob1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:16 pm

The CFL and Colin Kaepernick is a match made in heaven because he will probably stand for their national anthem.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:02 am

Probably, given Canadians of color aren't being murdered in the streets in nearly the same numbers up there as down here.

I mean, you understand the protests, right? Right? You're not just superficially looking at it from the perspective of "my flag, my song, that's all that matters," right?

Return to “CFL”