We Got Americans Talking CFL, It’s The Best

The Canadian Football League (CFL) forum
Fran
Site Admin

We Got Americans Talking CFL, It’s The Best

Post by Fran » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:12 am

I am one American that really enjoys watching CFL games.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/news/s ... -best.html

A new contributor to The Snap, Justin Rowan takes a look at how the ESPN partnership has helped spread the word of the CFL in the U.S. and has started to build a dedicated fan base down South.

mbond
Site Admin

Post by mbond » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:57 pm

The CFL isn't bad. I have enjoyed watching games during the summer months.

The only real issue I have is the number of downs (really interrupts the flow of the game to me), and the goal post being at the front of the end zone.

Other than that, it's fun and different and I wouldn't mind seeing maybe some preseason exhibitions in American cities every once in a while. I think most US stadiums are strictly catered to American football, the size of the field makes it very difficult for most US cities to host . The football culture has changed in the last 20 years, but I"m not sure if it would immediately catch on in America enough for them to want to expand to US cities again.

FootbalFan
Site Admin

Post by FootbalFan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:40 pm

[quote=""mbond""]The CFL isn't bad. I have enjoyed watching games during the summer months.

The only real issue I have is the number of downs (really interrupts the flow of the game to me), and the goal post being at the front of the end zone.

Other than that, it's fun and different and I wouldn't mind seeing maybe some preseason exhibitions in American cities every once in a while. I think most US stadiums are strictly catered to American football, the size of the field makes it very difficult for most US cities to host . The football culture has changed in the last 20 years, but I"m not sure if it would immediately catch on in America enough for them to want to expand to US cities again.[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head why you won't see CFL football in USA: no field to play on.

I prefer CFL football since years. Living close from the border allows me to watch more games, and I really like that brand of football. 3 downs forces a more agressive O and the waggle creates opportunities for a more creative O too. There are other things I prefer in this brand of football and I like the fact more and more football fans discover it.

Return to “CFL”