Cfl 2009 - Noteworthy players

The Canadian Football League (CFL) forum
Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:50 am

I liked the final outcome if that's what you meant. Alas, I had to work tonight and my work has neither an active internet connection (that allows me to access the streaming video/audio) nor an audio system capable of picking up AM and allowing me to listen to Rod and Carm on CKRM. So all I know since I haven't seen highlights yet, is that in the first half Durant went in for a couple series, then Jyles came in did a decent job and then Durant was back in for the second half.

Irving Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Irving Thomas » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:11 am

I don't think Durant was struggling, TV commentators told that miller wanted to use a stronger arm (Jyles) while playing versus the Wind (in the wind?).
I think the keys are the two field goals attemps missed by DeAngelis with the wind at his back. One was wide left and the other hit the right upright. I guess very good job by the two offensive lines so that's why the runners did well too (Cates for Riders, Reynolds for the Stamps). Good game for Getzlaf, the canadian receiver of the Riders who used the day off for Fantuz to score a couple of very nice TDs.

Irving Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Irving Thomas » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:38 pm

Talking of QB, the Blue Bombers benched LeFors to use Bishop..

Irving Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Irving Thomas » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:41 am

Watched a few games more.. Hamilton found the way to go and are to me the surprise, they won in a thriller versus Edmonton. Liked the Bruce trade and Cobb is doing well.
Toronto faced the rage of the als and got a 0 at the points scored.. too bad

Irving Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Irving Thomas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Just a quick question on CFL football..the football is differente from the ball used in NFL and Ncaa?

Shootmaster_44
Site Admin

Post by Shootmaster_44 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 pm

[quote=""Irving Thomas""]Just a quick question on CFL football..the football is differente from the ball used in NFL and Ncaa?[/quote]

Sort of. The CFL football is blown up bigger than a NFL/NCAA ball. So QBs who are stars in the US do have a bit of a time adjusting to it. Plus, the CFL ball also has white stripes around the entire ball. As a result, some QBs find the balls slipperier than US footballs.

On a side note, it's amusing to read this thread and see how wrong I really was about Darian Durant and the Riders' fortunes.

Irving Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Irving Thomas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 am

Win some, loose some..
I was amazed by some performances this year..thigpen, Boyd.. even Pierce as a blue bomber (now he's injured).

Return to “CFL”