2011 WBA Tryout Camp

The World Basketball Association (WBA) forum
Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

2011 WBA Tryout Camp

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I like the fact that the WBA has a two day camp.That gives you a decent amount of time to scout the players.I also like how they have drills set up and not just scrimmages the whole time.I do think 175 is to much for minor leagues to charge for a camp.You add in food,some players travel and hotel cost and it becomes a very expensive trip for a 12 game season.If guys are from out of town they have to move which is also expensive in these hard economic times. With the price of the camp I don't think they will have a big turn out,players also talk to each other.If guys are not moving up to overseas or higher minor leagues they will stay far away.Players want to play in leagues where they get exposure.I never been to minor league tryout camp.I would love to see this one in person and how it is run. Good Luck WBA

globie
Site Admin

Post by globie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:20 pm

The WBA tryout typically draws 60-100 players from all over the world. While each team taps into the local player talent for marketing and budget each team will sign up to 4 out of state players. At the end of camp we have a draft to help each team find these players and maintain a player pool. the WBA goal is to help develop players, coaches, admin and we use the camp to teach. The success of the league is player focused and we are proud to say that we have many current and former players and coaches in the NBA, D-League and Internationally. Thanks for the wish of good luck...

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

Wba

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:01 am

:) [quote=""globie""]The WBA tryout typically draws 60-100 players from all over the world. While each team taps into the local player talent for marketing and budget each team will sign up to 4 out of state players. At the end of camp we have a draft to help each team find these players and maintain a player pool. the WBA goal is to help develop players, coaches, admin and we use the camp to teach. The success of the league is player focused and we are proud to say that we have many current and former players and coaches in the NBA, D-League and Internationally. Thanks for the wish of good luck...[/quote]

Out of those 60-100 players how many actually makes a team?? Not trying to be a jerk just asking,How many players a year move up,A lot of international teams are staying away from players from minor leagues players because of fake stats and highlight tapes on youtube.And in a lot of cases players get deals because of the work they do on there own or from agents.I respect minor leagues who try to help people and not themselves with scams and get rich quick schemes.Why should players go to the camp??? Is the money from the camps used to improved the league?? I'm not trying to be jerk just trying to learn about league that I dont know to much about,What kind of rules does the league play by??? Seem's like a good camp so far but really expensive.Is every team required to attend the leagues camp???

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:34 am

Dear Lord a $175 to tryout for a team that will pay you $30 a game. Think I would rather buy miracle beans.

globie
Site Admin

Post by globie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:56 am

[quote=""Love Pro Hoops""] :)

Out of those 60-100 players how many actually makes a team?? Not trying to be a jerk just asking,How many players a year move up,A lot of international teams are staying away from players from minor leagues players because of fake stats and highlight tapes on youtube.And in a lot of cases players get deals because of the work they do on there own or from agents.I respect minor leagues who try to help people and not themselves with scams and get rich quick schemes.Why should players go to the camp??? Is the money from the camps used to improved the league?? I'm not trying to be jerk just trying to learn about league that I dont know to much about,What kind of rules does the league play by??? Seem's like a good camp so far but really expensive.Is every team required to attend the leagues camp???[/quote]
I am the director of the camp for the past 3 seasons. While we can't control the level of talent that spends hard earned money to have a chance to play in our league we respect each player and work hard to teach what is expected from pro players. We have players who don't get drafted return each year to learn. We have relationships with agents who sponsor players camp fees. The fee is for 2 days and players not able to participate both days are discounted 50%. because of the practice schedule it's best to participate both days. The WBA's goal is to find new talent we are a development/exposure league and try to stay in our lane. It is mandatory that all team owners and coaches attend the camp and participate in the draft. 2009 season was ideal in that 45% of players on roster participated in the camp. Other years we have had agent sponsored players such as BJ Puckett, Majic Dorsey, Jamario Moon and many more. As VP Director of Player Development and having coached internationally I am in contact with many FIBA teams. We play a combo of NBA and FIBA rules to help prepare players for the next level.

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:03 am

[quote=""globie""]I am the director of the camp for the past 3 seasons. While we can't control the level of talent that spends hard earned money to have a chance to play in our league we respect each player and work hard to teach what is expected from pro players. We have players who don't get drafted return each year to learn. [/quote]

If you respect them then why steal a $160 from them? I get $50-$75. However, this is ridiculous.

Answer me this. How many players who attended last seasons camp, played (not listed but played) more than half of the corresponding seasons schedule?

Also, what were those players average salary? This post made me lose all respect for this league. You are taking advantage of kids who are either desperate, delusional, or uneducated.

D**n. I got to go take a shower this topic made me feel so dirty.
Last edited by AlextheGreat on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 am

Good Lord!!! I just rechecked. It is $175-$225. SHAME ON YOU WBA!!!!!!!

globie
Site Admin

Post by globie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Please watch NBAtv today at 1:45
WBA player Stefhon Hannah now playing with the
with the Iowa Energy of the D-league
Good luck Stefh!!! :)

AlextheGreat
Site Admin

Post by AlextheGreat » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:10 pm

[quote=""globie""]Please watch NBAtv today at 1:45
WBA player Stefhon Hannah now playing with the
with the Iowa Energy of the D-league
Good luck Stefh!!! :) [/quote]

Here is some advice. Save a $100 and tryout directly for the Energy. Don't let them fool you. No one has got to the NBA because they played in the WBA. They might have played in the WBA for something to do in the off season but that is it.

They want you to give them $200 to tryout but won't answer these two basic questions.

A) How many players who attended last seasons camp, played (not listed but played) more than half of the corresponding seasons schedule?

B) Of those, what was their average income from WBA?

Love Pro Hoops
Site Admin

Wba

Post by Love Pro Hoops » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:52 pm

[quote=""AlextheGreat""]Here is some advice. Save a $100 and tryout directly for the Energy. Don't let them fool you. No one has got to the NBA because they played in the WBA. They might have played in the WBA for something to do in the off season but that is it.

They want you to give them $200 to tryout but won't answer these two basic questions.

A) How many players who attended last seasons camp, played (not listed but played) more than half of the corresponding seasons schedule?

B) Of those, what was their average income from WBA?[/quote]

Great point alex the great,I don't think stefhon is playing on the energy because of the WBA.He got there by hardwork and proablly going to a tryout.If a player was reading this board he would proably think twice about your camp.Since you never responded to alex the great.He could be a player or agent looking into your camp.Good Luck

Return to “WBA”