Handling No Show Teams

The World Basketball Association (WBA) forum
zeke41
Site Admin

Handling No Show Teams

Post by zeke41 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:23 pm

I just received word that Decatur will not be able to make it to our game today, so we are resorting to plan B. There will be a Blue and White game instead. If anyone actually wants to see me play, I will be playing. It will be terrible, because I have not been working out at all (no time). However, we need an extra body, so I will fill that gap.

If anything, perhaps you can see how a team handles no show opponents. I just received word at 9:30 am, which is virtually impossible to schedule an alternative replacement opponent. We'll make the best of it. I'll take some time to share the vision and mission of the team, and what are plans are.

It is hard trying to do something like this when you have opponents not showing up, but somehow, we have managed to gain the support of our community in spite of this. We've tried to maintain and do what we needed to do for our market and fan base. We have a bunch of very supportive fans that believe in what we stand for and what we are trying to accomplish with this franchise. I've been relatively quiet about it, but when no shows happen, or games are plagued with a low standard of professionalism, it is very difficult to get over the 100-200 attendance hurdle like we hoped to do this season. IMO - we are fortunate to have those 100-200 loyal supporters that we do have, given the trials and tribulations that we have endured this year. I just wished we were in a better situation to offer our fans a better product of opponents "on the court!"

There will be more to come from us...believe that. I'm not sure what our next move will be, but we will tarry on. It's just too bad we don't have more PBL teams this way. We just can't afford a 50-70K travel budget. I'm open for options if any of you have any suggestions.

Thanks for all of you who have been so supportive this season!
Last edited by zeke41 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:32 pm

The answer is kick the team out. Period. Greenville's SIFL team should have been kicked out midseason.

I was right about the WBA and do not to ever deal with their years of broken promises again. I'm sick of leagues excusing when games are cancelled.

I also do not think it is appropriate for any owner to play, no matter the circumstance.

While I stand by most of the comments I made about the Florida ownership and how they were accepted, I was mostly wrong in terms of this team finishing this season.

There I said it. I hope you all are happy. I can be wrong once in a blue moon.

So this is my last post. About ten years here is long enough. My usefulness will be better used in other ways.

I wish Paul Reeths would respect my wishes and honor a request I made three months ago.
Last edited by SignGuyDino on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:41 am

Why don't you just stop posting? Problem solved.

CHris902
Site Admin

Post by CHris902 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm

I don't see any problem with Mark playing in circumstances like this.

What other teams no-showed?

It sucks that things aren't working out for you guys at the gate the way you'd hoped. It sucks that there isn't a low budget, reliable minor league option out there for teams like you guys, Wilmington and Vermont.

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:02 am

[quote=""CHris902""]

What other teams no-showed?

[/quote]
Marietta
Decatur
Jacksonville (got kicked out?)

From what I have read, only Gwinnett and Franklin were reliable opponents. To me, it seems like Savannah and Wilmington of the CBL should team up with Florida, Gwinnett, and Franklin of the WBA.

The Magician
Site Admin

Post by The Magician » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:43 pm

What happened to the Jacksonville Bluewaves?

I see they joined the American Basketball Association for the 2011-2012 season. :rolleyes:
http://jacksonvillebluewaves.com/?p=332

LR Lightning
Site Admin

Post by LR Lightning » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:13 pm

[quote=""The Magician""]What happened to the Jacksonville Bluewaves?

I see they joined the American Basketball Association for the 2011-2012 season. :rolleyes:
http://jacksonvillebluewaves.com/?p=332[/quote]

They are now the Jacksonville Giants.They just set the world record 211 points against the columbus riverballers.

tops804
Site Admin

Post by tops804 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:06 pm

[quote=""LR Lightning""]They are now the Jacksonville Giants.They just set the world record 211 points against the columbus riverballers.[/quote]

...and you just might have set the world record for thread bumping! :rolleyes:

Foolish of me to think a WBA thread would actually still be alive, when the league doesn't seem to be. :mad:
Adios, OSC message boards. (2007-2017)

Return to “WBA”