Playoffs are around the corner!

The World Basketball Association (WBA) forum
wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Congrats to Gwinnett -- 2010 WBA Champions! Besides Jacksonville, you'd have to say that the Majic were the best team in the league.

What will the WBA look like in 2010? This is pure speculation on my part -- will Gwinnett stick around or will they move to greener pastures? Same holds true for Franklin. They are a classy organization, but can they tolerate the instability of the WBA. It is highly likely that the WBA will primarily be a Metro Atlanta league in 2011, so travel concerns may keep these teams in the WBA. However, after a tumultuous 2010 season, it is clear that the WBA has major issues (i.e. poor leadership). I'm not saying that the CBL did not have its share of ups and downs, but from my perspective the CBL is trying to head in the right direction. A merger between the WBA and CBL almost happened in 2010 -- I don't see a merger in the offseason, but we may see the better WBA teams jump ship. Again, this is pure speculation on my part, but I'd like to see a the best Southeastern teams compete under one roof.
Last edited by wellington on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “WBA”