Franklin Knights

The World Basketball Association (WBA) forum
wellington
Site Admin

Franklin Knights

Post by wellington » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Pro basketball team coming to Franklin

http://franklinknights.net/

Although the WBA is far from perfect, this could really be a break out year for the league. I've heard of a couple of Florida markets that are already expressed interested for the 2011 season.

With the anticipated launch of the CBL and the further growth of the WBA, it could be a pivotal year for minor league basketball in the Southeast.
Last edited by wellington on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SignGuyDino
Site Admin

Post by SignGuyDino » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:21 pm

1. I wasn't seeking to own a franchise. UpFront was looking to manage a team in Asheville with an owner the WBA was going to provide. This was always going to be the case. Please read carefully my statements before making incorrect assertions.

2. Franklin is a neighbor to Asheville? Really? Hickory or Cherokee would have been more accurate.

The WBA had a team in Virginia just north of us just two years ago. They announce new teams every year. Problem is stability.
Never make anyone a priority that makes you an option.

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:23 pm

[quote=""SignGuyDino""]
2. Franklin is a neighbor to Asheville? Really? Hickory or Cherokee would have been more accurate.

[/quote]

I was referring to neighboring state. You know -- TN is next to NC.

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:27 pm

[quote=""SignGuyDino""]1. I wasn't seeking to own a franchise. UpFront was looking to manage a team in Asheville with an owner the WBA was going to provide. This was always going to be the case. Please read carefully my statements before making incorrect assertions.

[/quote]
It's laughable though you calling out Mark King -- "pot calling the kettle black."

FranklinKnights
Site Admin

Post by FranklinKnights » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:09 pm

This is Logan Sekulow, owner of the Franklin Knights. I came across this post today and figured I'd clear something up. We are out of Franklin, TN - which is a suburb of Nashville.

Here is an article that was in the Tennessean today - we are officially announced next week. Tennessean Article

I'm happy to keep you all updated with what's going on with our team.

Logan Sekulow

GwinnettMajic
Site Admin

Post by GwinnettMajic » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:53 am

Welcome Franklin Knights!

and to the guy or girl who said the WBA gets new teams every year. What minor league hoops league in the US does not get new teams every year?

FranklinKnights
Site Admin

Post by FranklinKnights » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:38 pm

If you want to know a bit more about the Franklin Knights read the new article in the Tennessean. Knights court Franklin fans.

For tryout registration and schedule visit franklinknights.net

FranklinKnights
Site Admin

Post by FranklinKnights » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:28 pm

The Tennessean has posted an article today on our head coach and the Franklin Knights.

If you are interested you can find it in the press section of franklinknights.net with the rest of our clippings.

wellington
Site Admin

Post by wellington » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 pm

[quote=""FranklinKnights""]The Tennessean has posted an article today on our head coach and the Franklin Knights.

If you are interested you can find it in the press section of franklinknights.net with the rest of our clippings.[/quote]
For those too lazy to look...

Franklin Knights hire coach

BTW the Knights website looks great.

not so fast
Site Admin

Post by not so fast » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:33 am

This newly hired coach talked about using this job to get a college job. Not a ringing endorsement of the wba.

I also read that one of the owners of one the franchises is 24 years old. Well with this trend, soon there will be a newly to be, high school grad owning a team soon, at 18 years old.,

Return to “WBA”